Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a DD 9" lite rail to a KWA ERG M4 - help needed

Morning all and all the best for the new year to my fellow airsofters

Ive currently got my ERG up for sale as fancy a new look, however as I love the feel of the gun when it shoots I'm toying with keeping it and fitting a DD rail or similar, the question is how do I do this. I'm not technical with my guns at all and have zero tools for the job other than a hammer and screwdrivers / Allen keys.

i never thought I would ever go for. A front wired gun that needs a PEQ, however as I quite like PEQ boxes then the only issue is the wire and assume I can cover this up and only have about 1-1.5 inches showing between the rail and PEQ box

ive seen a video that looks like I need a specific tool to unscrew the delta ring (if indeed you do unscrew on the ERG versions), you then screw on the fitting for the DD rail, sile tactual rail on and jobs a good un.

the question is, is it really this easy and what tools do I need or am I better sending to a shop / local airsoft tech to fit for me. Also, do I need anything for the front, my barrel is 10.5" and the rail is 9", unsure if I need a gas block at the front?

any guidance would be most appreciated, via PM for suggestions / links of places to buy stuff from or just tips on this thread or pics of what you have on your own ERG's.

cheers all, Mike
    sigpic

Re: Fitting a DD 9" lite rail to a KWA ERG M4 - help needed

You could use a URX3 (iirc) Rail which is a two piece design where the lower is removable. You could then get a slim lipo like a WE one inside the rail, if you like PEQ's you could then add a real one. A gas block isn't needed but does add to realism.

As for the tool what you require is an AR15 Armourers wrench, of which I may have a spare one somewhere. Having said that the ERG Delta Ring is apparently a bitch to remove. For further advice there's an ERG Owners Group on FB.

Though I think what you really should do is sell me your ERG when I have the funds.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
    Working...
    X