Removing G&P M4 buffer tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Removing G&P M4 buffer tube

Is the spring guide plastic? It could be that the two locating tabs have broken which lets the guide spin round. I've sometimes pushed the bolt in which in turn pushes the spring guide in which can help relocate the parts. Worst case is the spring guide has rounded out around the nut, in which case it's going to be a real pain.

Comment

This part is plastic:

It doesn't spin when the screw is rotated.
      Lurker.

Comment

Got any needle nose pliers? All I can think of now is to push the bolt in and if the spring guide moves forwards try to get the pliers behind it through that gap to grab the nut.

Also perhaps remove the grip so the gearbox is free and see if that somehow helps. How new is the gun? I've not seen a G&P with those grub screws on the buffer tube before.

Comment

I'm having the same problem I'm turning the buffer tube screw but it's not loosening. Not sure what to do.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by menissan86 View Post
            I'm having the same problem I'm turning the buffer tube screw but it's not loosening. Not sure what to do.

Bump

Comment

Ah I forgot to update this. I did manage to get it off in the end.

I know it sounds stupid, but make sure the screwdriver is in the screw and not on either side, then just apply a lot of down pressure when turning.
              Lurker.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montana Find out more about Montana
              Working...
              X