Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

CYMA/Cybergun M4a1; super low pellet velocity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYMA/Cybergun M4a1; super low pellet velocity?

Hi guys,

I'm really new to air soft (been interested in it for 2 months now) and I recently bought an M4a1 full metal from air soft world. When the rifle arrived the cocking lever plastic arm that pushes the release on the hop up door broke the first time I pulled it. I removed the top half of the receiver, glued the plastic part back together (as its sole purpose is only to open the door I thought it wouldn't matter too much if I glued it) and reassembled the gun. This worked, and my issue is different but thought I'd mention this

So my problem in that if I adjust the hop up by the TINIEST amount, the BB seems to foul inside the rifle somewhere and only goes about 10 feet Max (shooting madbull .2g)

Even if I then place the hop up back to zero it still does it slightly and I'm getting terrible range. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Could it be hitting the hop bucking? I've been thinking of flat-hopping so would this solve the issue?

Thanks!

Gordon

Re: CYMA/Cybergun M4a1; super low pellet velocity?

Contact #******* *****
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Why did you not just send the rifle back to ******* ***** when you got the first problem? You will most likely have invalidated your warranty now so cant send it back to be fixed/replaced.

As for the issue it sounds like either a hop issue or a really bad air leak (same thing just happened to my M4 and it was due to a super bad air leak). Either way you are going to have to learn to take the rifle apart (internals) or pay to have it fixed. There are many youtube videos on how to disassemble hop ups and make sure they are fitted correctly.

P.S Dont mention retailers on this forum and read the rules before posting on here.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

I apologise for mentioning the retailer, I only skimmed through the rules, however I've read them properly now.

Essentially I have tried contacting the retailer about 6 times now. I've opened two "help tickets", emailed them directly and tried calling them several times (its been almost 3 weeks since the first ticket was submitted) and I have received absolutely nothing back from them. That is why I fixed it myself.

Back to the problem; after looking at as much information as I could (this forum being very helpful) I took apart the rifle again, and noticed that the feed lip on the rubber bucking looked damaged. I put a pellet on it, gave it a little push and... Nothing. I gave it a bloody hard push and it fell through. Thinking this was probably the problem I bought a g&g green hop rubber and have fit it, it now fires consistently at last. No misfeeding, and every pellet has the same velocity. The hop is currently fully off and the pellets are starting to fall after about 15 feet, so I'll play around with the hop now to get it firing straight. But the problem seems to be sorted!

Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TynoPrime Find out more about TynoPrime
        Working...
        X