Reassembling a V2 gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reassembling a V2 gearbox

Hey guys, been into airsoft for years and years now. Stopped playing for roughly two years. I bought a gun late last year, everything fine great. Then I got the burning desire to take the gun apart and check the gearbox over, too see what parts were made of what, how I could upgrade it ect.......
    Now I can't get the bloody thing back together, can some one tell me if I'm doing something wrong? I get everything in place, but before I can finish the anti reversal latch has lifted ( which isn't really an issue, but it lifts the gear ) and then when I put the trigger back in, it wont stay in place and the spring jumps out of the casing. Then if I can get everything to stay where it is, the spring... well the spring, I can get it all the way compressed, but as soon as I take my hand off to put the casing back on, the whole thing just lifts and parts start popping off!

Some body help me... If needs be and I can't do it. I'm quite happy to pay someone local to do it for me. And I'll never even look at the gear box again!

Any help is much appreciated.

Will
    "Ghost.... Get in my box"

TRADER FEEDBACK http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...ghlight=mad212

Re: Reassembling a V2 gearbox

Try putting everything in the gearbox, except the trigger. Put the spring in the gearbox, then press down on the cylinder; This should hold the spring in place. Now grab the other half of the casing and put your finger through the gap where the cylinder goes to hold the spring down. Now meet the two halves together, leaving just enough room for the trigger. Place the trigger and it's spring into the gap, and hook the spring between the two halves, and the box should close. Then screw it all up!

A process like this is difficult to describe in words...YouTube is your friend here!

Comment

Some gearboxes are sweethearts, and others just cry out to fly across the room. I have one where the anti reversal latch never stays in place: I have to get the shell nearly closes and then use the blade of a stanley knife between the halves to manouver it into line.

The other way to handle a trigger is to ask someone to hold on to it for you, but in the absence of the common or garden girlfriend, I have been known to use a hammer just to weight it down to keep it from popping out while I put the shell together.

Comment

First time I stripped a V2 gearbox it took five hands and half an hour to get it closed - can do it pretty easily now, it just takes a bit of practise. A few things I've found helpful@

1) stick a long bolt in the spring guide, makes it way easier to compress without it sproinging on you.
        2) press down on cylinder as said above - some spring guides will retain the spring by themselves, some wont
        3) push the tappet plate spring as far down the post as it will go - this will pull the rear of the tappet plate into the box, stopping it lifting shims off the sector gear
        4) a scalpel and/or a small screwdriver is an essential for re-positioning pesky wiring, anti reversal latches or other components.

I thought I had gearboxes down, but it took me over two hours to reassemble a WELL MP7 gearbox yesterday... and once I got it closed the ARL wasn't working...

- - - Updated - - -

First time I stripped a V2 gearbox it took five hands and half an hour to get it closed - can do it pretty easily now, it just takes a bit of practise. A few things I've found helpful@

1) stick a long bolt in the spring guide, makes it way easier to compress without it sproinging on you.
        2) press down on cylinder as said above - some spring guides will retain the spring by themselves, some wont
        3) push the tappet plate spring as far down the post as it will go - this will pull the rear of the tappet plate into the box, stopping it lifting shims off the sector gear
        4) a scalpel and/or a small screwdriver is an essential for re-positioning pesky wiring, anti reversal latches or other components.

I thought I had gearboxes down, but it took me over two hours to reassemble a WELL MP7 gearbox yesterday... and once I got it closed the ARL wasn't working...
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

As above, some gearboxes are just like that. I had a G&p one that wouldn't go back together without bits trying to escape. I find lonex and vfc ones tend to play nice though.

Comment

Perfect way to build an easy-strip gearbox would be a QD gearbox along with a set of Ultimate modular gears.

Comment

I managed to get it back together all okay.. as to whether its working or not is a completely different question, as I have no lipo charger at the minute, so can't test it!
              "Ghost.... Get in my box"

TRADER FEEDBACK http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...ghlight=mad212

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mad212 Find out more about mad212
              Working...
              X