M14 DMR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 DMR Project

I have a cyma m14 and I am looking to make a DMR out of it. What upgrades should I do to it to get more range, accuracy and power?

(It is the full length m14 variant)

Any help would be appreciated!

Alex

Re: M14 DMR Project

What is your budget? And also site limits? For the DMR to have any advantage over the typical AEG with regards to power output and range it will typically have to be over 400fps which most if not all sites will require the gun to be locked to semi auto.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Budget: as long as it is not over £130-160 area. My site does require the gun to be locked on semi over 350fps. The reason I want to DMR it is because I feel like i don't get the range and accuracy I would like. Maybe all I need is a tight bore and maybe a TM hop up.

Comment

i recently upgraded mine. i ended up buying a new gearbox for about 30 quid (i think) i then got some shs (m14) gears for 15 ish quid, metal spring guide, spring of required power, Lonex A2 motor, wooden stock(looks amazing) a nozze with 0 ring, piston and head, oh and mosfet.
        this has given it a nice power boost, still needs breaking in but its in the high 400 I may need to clip the spring.
        For accuracy you need consistent fps, and very little movement within parts. this bit doesn't cost a lo it takes a lot of time.
        if you need any specific help let me know and I will do my best to advise.
        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Stock CYMA Hop buckings are somewhat crude. Swapping this out for a marui would only set you back about a fiver and would make the most different to both accuracy and range.
          With regards to upping the power;
          *The stock gear set is fairly robust, the ratio is 21.76:1 which is more than sufficient for pulling a 450fps spring even with a the stock motor.
          *Last time I checked the CYMA V7 box had steel bushings as standard, so no need to swap these out.
          *I would suggest running at least a 9.6v large type battery pack to ensure decent cycle rate/trigger response with the increased spring rate.
          *A MOSFET + low resistance wiring loom + deans connectors will help greatly with electrical efficiency, trigger response will be sharper and the mechanical trigger switch contacts will no longer arc/wear since the bulk of the current will be now switched via the FET (kind of like a solid state relay) - A cheap and very effective upgrade.
          * Piston, Despite being GR Nylon, I have seen a few of these fail at the back end, I would suggest replacing this. SHS 7 tooth, or Lonex Red are good choices.
          * Re-shimming, cleaning and regreasing and also compression/air seal checks. Re-shimming will greatly reduce gear noise and efficiency, the stock CYMA shim job historically isnt that great.
          * Inner barrel could be replaced for a tighter higher quality bore barrel, however improvements to accuracy and range will not be as significant as just swapping out the hop bucking. However if you have cash to spash then I'd suggest a Prometheus 6.03mm barrel.
          * Stock spring guide can be hit or miss, sometimes they install plastic ones, sometimes metal with ball bearings. It would be worth checking. I would suggest getting a steel spring guide with ball bearings if yours is plastic.
          * Most M120 springs will get you between 400 and 420fps w/.20g, the Guarders SP120 spring usually is a little hotter than this but beds down to aroun 420fps in a well sealed/balanced setup.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alex_7753 Find out more about Alex_7753
          Working...
          X