Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Advice on upgrading a Specna Arms SA-A06 - Noob in need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on upgrading a Specna Arms SA-A06 - Noob in need!

Hi All,

Long time lurker and now looking for some advice on upgrading my second AEG. I'm relatively new to Airsoft as a whole and opted to buy something decent for my first RIF that would be both reliable and well spec'd for outdoor/woodland skirmishes however I've long been a tinkerer and decided to go for something relatively cheap as a second RIF that I could treat as a project.

After some deliberation and having a peek at a few of the different brands my friends use, I decided to go with a Specna Arms M4 due to them being full metal (Aluminium-Zinc alloy from what I can see) externals as I thought this would be a decent base to build something custom over the next few months.

I took it to a local CQB skirmish last and found that it is both light enough and performs well enough to use regularly in CQB which was good however it's a little lack lustre in a few areas when compared to my G&G T418 so I was looking for a little advice on getting this upgraded in a few different areas.

I'm already planning on upgrading the inner barrel which is hopefully going to improve the FPS slightly along with accuracy, the main issue with this is that the barrel length is only 185mm so this is going to mean cutting down and crowning a new tighbore which should be relatively easy (plenty of Dremmel work!) and along with this I was planning on going with a Guarder Clear hop rubber which I'm hoping will be a good combo?

I have no clue on the quality of the gearbox that comes in the Specna range so I'm a little hesitant to move onto looking at a motor upgrade however the ROF on the rifle is pretty poor. I'm not looking for anything thats going to be able to cut people in two or run on an 11.1v Lipo but I would like something that has a bit of zing to it if possible so I guess what I'm asking (in a long assed way) is:

a) Does anyone know the quality of the gearbox and what type of motor I should go with to improve the ROF and not turn the gearbox into dust?

And

b) If I'm looking at upgrading the gearbox (either upgrade or fully replace) what should I go with in regards to gear sets/piston/motor to get something substantial?

I should probably mention that it's firing around 260-270fps on an M90 spring at the moment and the CQB site limit is 368fps so somewhere in between would be ideal!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Adam C

P.S. If anyone has had hands on with this particular model and has some insight into removing the tank-like compensator that doesn't involve a Stihl saw please let me know

About the Author

Collapse

Adam C Find out more about Adam C
Working...
X