Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding issue

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57UuQmfMYks

BB place into the hopup, when fired it doesn't go into the chamber without applying pressure.

Air nozzle appears to be sitting to far forward, therefore stopping bb's from dropping down.

Is this a tappet plate or air nozzle issue?

Re: Feeding issue

I've had it where the tappet plate has worn so the nozzle does not retract quite far enough, but that is rare.

Sounds like your cycle rate is quite tasty, if you are running high rof it could be that you need a delayer clip. I take it you have tried feeding with an actual mag? The mag spring may well push the BB in a little more firmly than just gravity, but if it doesn't feed from a mag either, than my money is on needing a delayer clip.

Comment

Agreed with figjam, try using a full mag first and see if it will fire with the rounds under pressure of the mag spring.
      If it still persists try different mags or before doing anything to the gearbox start just by filing a tad off the end of the nozzle, till it's far enough back for the BB to enter further.

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
        I've had it where the tappet plate has worn so the nozzle does not retract quite far enough, but that is rare.

Sounds like your cycle rate is quite tasty, if you are running high rof it could be that you need a delayer clip. I take it you have tried feeding with an actual mag? The mag spring may well push the BB in a little more firmly than just gravity, but if it doesn't feed from a mag either, than my money is on needing a delayer clip.
        This is where it gets interesting, the gearbox is basically brand new. Brand new tappet place, air nozzel and i've fitted a delayer clip on it.

Mags don't feed into it either, you have to almost tap the bottom of the mag and it will fire a single bb and then stop.

Comment

Sorry to contradict you here Mikey, but I'd say filing the nozzle needs to come after looking in the gearbox. If it is the tappet plate that's the problem and you file the nozzle you'll lose compression as it'll be too short to properly engage with the hop bucking in the forward position.

Actually more important question here is what is the history with the gun: Has it ever worked while in your possession and what has changed to make it not feed?
          Scenarios I can think of off the top of my head.
          1. It was working but now it doesn't. - Wear on the tappet plate.
          2. Changed nozzle or hop unit. - You'll need to file the nozzle as Mikey says.
          3. You've made changes to increase the ROF. - you'll need a delayer clip. (This one is easy to test: reverse the changes and see if it feeds)
          4. You've just acquired the gun and it's never worked for you. - You are going to have to work through systematically. Bad luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Eritey View Post
          This is where it gets interesting, the gearbox is basically brand new. Brand new tappet place, air nozzel and i've fitted a delayer clip on it.

Mags don't feed into it either, you have to almost tap the bottom of the mag and it will fire a single bb and then stop.
          Probably need to go with Mikey then and try filing the nozzle. Go slow, you can always take more off but you can't put more on.

EDIT: or play it safe and try a different nozzle. Thing about shaving it is if it goes wrong you'll need a spare. I hope you don't need to skirmish this tomorrow or something?

Comment

Sorry to contradict you here Mikey, but I'd say filing the nozzle needs to come after looking in the gearbox. If it is the tappet plate that's the problem and you file the nozzle you'll lose compression as it'll be too short to properly engage with the hop bucking in the forward position.

Actually more important question here is what is the history with the gun: Has it ever worked while in your possession and what has changed to make it not feed?
            Scenarios I can think of off the top of my head.
            1. It was working but now it doesn't. - Wear on the tappet plate.
            2. Changed nozzle or hop unit. - You'll need to file the nozzle as Mikey says.
            3. You've made changes to increase the ROF. - you'll need a delayer clip. (This one is easy to test: reverse the changes and see if it feeds)
            4. You've just acquired the gun and it's never worked for you. - You are going to have to work through systematically. Bad luck.

Probably need to go with Mikey then and try filing the nozzle. Go slow, you can always take more off but you can't put more on.

EDIT: or play it safe and try a different nozzle. Thing about shaving it is if it goes wrong you'll need a spare. I hope you don't need to skirmish this tomorrow or something?

The gun is a hk416 that was bought brand new by myself. It worked fine till the trigger contacts died and that's when i started upgrading things.

The gun did feed correct after being put back together but as of yesterday its now not feeding correctly.

The following has been put into the gearbox;

SHS High Torque
            SHS Nylon Polymer piston 15 tooth
            SHS Sector Chip Delay
            SHS M120
            SHS 13:1 GearSet
            Lonex Piston Head - POM bearing removed
            Lonex Cylinder Head
            Airlab Sorbothane Pad (70D hardness)

I was meant to be going to play tomorrow but it doesn't look like I'll be able to now

Comment

Oh I agree with you figjam about looking into the gearbox first, I'm just going by the video as it seems to be only pocking out by less than a millimetre. Any more than that and I would strip the gearbox.

Comment

Ok, well if it did feed, and now it doesn't, that brings us back to something wearing. When you say it has a brand new tappet plate does that mean you've put a new one in or it was new with the gearbox?

Comment

Ok, well if it did feed, and now it doesn't, that brings us back to something wearing. When you say it has a brand new tappet plate does that mean you've put a new one in or it was new with the gearbox?
                  Brand new bought when the new parts were fitted in the gearbox.

I've filed the head down and its firing fine now. I'm not going to ignore the cause of the problem as it will need to get fixed as I'm most likely losing FPS now i've filed the nozzle.

Comment

Gotta have a chrono at home if you plan to do this a lot. Gotta be my essential bit of kit. I think I saw one in the classifieds this week. You got a spare nozzle?

Comment

Gotta have a chrono at home if you plan to do this a lot. Gotta be my essential bit of kit. I think I saw one in the classifieds this week. You got a spare nozzle?
                      We have one! It's just been lent to a friend so its not to hand right now

I have a few spare nozzels from previous guns but it's not going to break the bank to get a new one.

Comment

Cool. Sure you'll get it all sorted. Do you have to skirmish it tomorrow?

Comment

Cool. Sure you'll get it all sorted. Do you have to skirmish it tomorrow?
                          It's my only gun so yes, not played a game in months so I'd really like to go tomorrow.

Not risking taking my gun apart to change nozzels before tomorrow game as knowing my luck I wont get it back together.

Comment

ooooh nooooo, I remember the pain of night-before fixing... spare guns is the only answer (I keep telling Mrs Figjam).

Comment

ooooh nooooo, I remember the pain of night-before fixing... spare guns is the only answer (I keep telling Mrs Figjam).
                              that's the excuse I try to get away with.
                              You've got to have every type of weapon for different scenario's like shotgun, sniper, pistol, support etc
                              Then you have to have a back up for each of these lol.
                              Haven't quite got away with it yet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Eritey Find out more about Eritey
                              Working...
                              X