Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BBS spinning up with No Hop on

Originally posted by ReconRabbit View Post
    Lol yh my ICS mp5 is lovely to take apart two pins thing slides into two parts this jg is welded together I'm sure of it lol
    One thing JG do is use pins to hold receiver halfs together, ones inside the body that you cant access or view externally. Theyre not glued but they are initially hammered in so tight that it feels like it. It took me about half hour of carefully prising it apart mm by mm, and the amount of force it took gave me camo underpants as felt like i'd snap the body.
    the horror... the horror... (of the amount spent on airsoft)

Comment

Just a quick update on the situation, I managed to get it apart and check the hop an I was quite surprised at what I found...

The rubber is fine not hard at all and is in pretty good nick tbh but I did find two nubs in the hop...yes two nubs so there was my problem.... Iv never heard of double nubbing before has anyone else? Lool

I did decide as I had it all apart that I'd exstend the inner barrel for the stock ICS 229mm out of my SD will see what effect that has 2moro when its light

Am after a suppressor now tho 120mm if anyone has one they wanna sell me
      I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

As I thought problem now solved and is firing straight and true the extended barrel has improved accuracy as well very impressed I must say

Comment

That's mad. It'd do it right enough though. Did a previous owner want to hop bonkers heavy BBs.

Just for your amusement: You'd probably not find just by reading the phrase, but as I relayed the gist of this thread across the room to Mrs Figjam I discovered that saying "double nubbing" out loud is very pleasing.

Comment

Lol I'm just glad if put it right, and have no clue what weight BBS he was trying to use I use 25's rather then. .2's in all my aegs wouldn't wanna go higher then that tbh its a cqb gun after all.
            I can only think he ain't very techy when it comes to his guns, he did say it had great range which was surprising I guess if you was trying to get someone in a tree it would be great, now if fixed it has great range hitting a can at the bottom of the garden no probs that about 80-85ft with a tiny bit of hop down the sights as well I'm happy with it now

Off subject a little

just see your thread about the green party. I doubt it will kill the sport but as for the realism of Airsoft we will all be running two tones if they get in....

Comment

Did you see the reply I got from the candidate? Her line seemed to be its in their policy document but was probably just voted through in a bunch of other stuff because they apparently vote on everything all the time, and that it isn't something to worry about too much. So nice for airsoft, but what kind of a party runs like that??

If it came to it, I think we'd just have to mod all our RIFs to look like space guns or something.

Comment

Lol no thanks I'll keep em black and rebel against em haha or if my Mrs gets her way I'll spray em pink lol

Comment

Just FYI, I've seen people 'double nub' (fnar-fnar) as a poor-man's flat hop after shaving the inner mound off. I had to use half a nub as a spacer for my SCS, but that's a special kind of double nub I only do by myself 😜

Comment

Oh OK Ritchie cheers for the info, I suppose if its done right it would work but this was not working well at all, I know get why he said to me he was airsofting on the cheap lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ReconRabbit Find out more about ReconRabbit
                    Working...
                    X