m16 full stock to sliding stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m16 full stock to sliding stock

Is it easy to remove full stock and replace with sliding stock? The aeg is a g&g toptech with battery compartment in stock which I like as you can use large battery no problem. Mainly want the sliding stock for sling mount options as I like the single point sling. Any advice please?
    Attached Files

Re: m16 full stock to sliding stock

yes easy enough, only problem is what will you do about the battery situation,
    swapping the stock is simple, but you will loose the large battery capasity,
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Nice and easy, pop a light into the hole, and youll see a screw at the far end of the stock, undo this and it will come off.

Youll then need a buffer tube and its screw, a sling plate (and stock!) and possibly shorten the wiring. The fuse case might get in the way too. Thats all there really is to it.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

If its just about a sling point, there's a few options, you could mount a sling plate, sits between the full stock & the body, or you could just get the webbing type that sits around the slimmest part of the neck of the stock, these can sit snug but still be rotated to the other side of the stock for quickly swapping hands in cqb games etc.
        Otherwise you may have to make a few alterations to get it skirmish ready, such as battery placement, sizes available etc.
        Mark

Comment

Great advice, lots of options then!! Will have a look around at parts etc.

Comment

it's easy to replace a full stock with a folding the only that you need it's to transfer your wiring from behind in front, i have done the same in my LARUE M4 and mofify do SR25

Sent from my LG-F240

Comment

i can forward some photo for your reference tomorrow if you want

Comment

Originally posted by PVCPATCHWORLD View Post
                it's easy to replace a full stock with a folding the only that you need it's to transfer your wiring from behind in front, i have done the same in my LARUE M4 and mofify do SR25

Sent from my LG-F240
                If its a sliding stock you dont need to change the wiring to the front, you can keep it to the rear and either switch to lipos's that will fit in the stock tube or normal nunchuck NIHMs in the back of the stock
                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

i'm trying to attached a photo from my mobile but NOTHING

Comment

yes correctly no need to change necessarily it's up to you what and how you will use your AEG

Sent from my LG-F240

Comment

He did say folding though!
                      Use imgur from mobile, it works really well
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

2013-12-03 11.47.41.jpg

this is my LARUE( Μ16/M4 KING ARMS) full metal complete custom with para stock

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                          He did say folding though!
                          Use imgur from mobile, it works really well
                          Sliding Stock :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                          If its a sliding stock you dont need to change the wiring to the front, you can keep it to the rear and either switch to lipos's that will fit in the stock tube or normal nunchuck NIHMs in the back of the stock
                          I was going to ask that about the battery. So I can keep the wiring as is and use my lipo in the buffer tube? So I presume the stock slides completely off for access?

Comment

yep, but its tight, really tight, & obviously your limited to how much output/reserve your batt has, bearing in mind its a skinny stick batt, whereas keeping a full stock gives you many more choices.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                              yep, but its tight, really tight, & obviously your limited to how much output/reserve your batt has, bearing in mind its a skinny stick batt, whereas keeping a full stock gives you many more choices.
                              Was looking at this earlier, says batterys can go in stock so a bit confused!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACS-Stock-...item20f2286bc6

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jim1h Find out more about jim1h
                              Working...
                              X