Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Wiring

Hi all

Got myself an ICS M4 and wanted to know if I could change the wiring from the front batt box to the rear stock, If so how ?

Thanks in advance

Re: ICS Wiring

It is possible as I know a number of guys who have made this mod - mostly so they can use higher capacity batteries with it. As for how to do it, that part I'm not sure on as I've never actually done any kind of mods like that to an M4. However, with how popular that specific mod is if you punch it up into google it will give you a ton of places you can look it up and read up on it with guides and such on how it's done. I will suggest obviously that you only do it yourself if you feel confident in doing so but it seems pretty simple and straight forward a mod to make.
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Ok will do, thanks for the feed back

Comment

It's very easy to do.
        All you need is a philips screw driver (to open the lower), solder kit, wire cutter, a knife and a spare connector (i.e deans, banana type or tamiya).

Once the lower is opened, remove the black wire first it is held on by a heat shrink with the red wire so just use a knife to cut the heat shrink. The lower casing already has a route for both the front and rear wires. So just fit the black wire following the route to the rear. Then the red wire, the one from the motor going to the switch block you can just leave, the one from the switch block going out to the outer barrel (onto the battery) is the one you need to re-route, if you're keen on soldering you can de-solder it and re-route to the rear or if your lazy you can simply bend it so the wire is pointing backwards. The red wire is long enough to get it out of the rear. Once both wires are out to the rear you'll find the black one is way too long so just cut this to same length as the red and then solder the connector.

If you're not keen on all that, there is still a way, just buy a rear wired switch block (from Zeroone, obviously) think its about £15. Just remove the existing switch block and replace it with this one.

This only apply to 18awg wire which is the stock wire of the ICS, it's a different story if you want to use a thicker 16awg which i use but dont really recommend.

Hope this helps.

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bu6722 Find out more about bu6722
        Working...
        X