TM P90 receiver disassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P90 receiver disassembly

As the title suggests I need some help on fully disassembling the lower receiver on a TM P90, the older version not the the High Cycle if that makes a difference.

I want to respray it coz it looks like a mess so i need to remove the trigger, fire selector etc. I have located about 5 screws in the front which I removed but I couldn't seperate the two halves of the receiver, I dont want to force it incase there is something I have missed.

Any help, photos or a video would be great. Thanks guys.

Re: TM P90 receiver disassembly

Not sure it comes apart ,I try'd a little while ago and only got as far as you ,you can either leave well alone or use the Jedi method and "use more force Luke !" I left well alone as I didn't want to brake it .

Comment

Strip it down as far as you can go.

i.e upper comes off, gearbox battery etc...

Then get some allen keys. Some of the socket heads in the body are fake plastic some are real un-do these and it should split in half - I can't tell you which ones from memory but try using a magnet to find out or just check by feel. However there may well be some light glueing in place.

Over all very easy.

Comment

Im pretty sure i removed all the screws but i didnt want to break anything so I chickened out.....its been sprayed (badly ) so maybe the paint is acting like glue. I'll give it another go and see what happens

Comment

There is some glue holding the body together. Try running a razor blade carefully round the seam, then start with the bottom and slowly split

Comment

Thanks Stargate, I did try prising it apart but it felt like something was gonna snap and since its a friends gun I thought I should stop.

I ended up using sand paper to remove the old paint, im going to mask up the trigger and selector and spray it as one peice.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FlangTal1ty I like guns and enjoy shooting people, all you need to know :-) Find out more about FlangTal1ty
            Working...
            X