Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Do you need a cut off lever if using an active breaking mosfet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need a cut off lever if using an active breaking mosfet?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my D-Boys Mk12 in the very near future and i was wondering whether a cut off lever is still needed if I'm installing an active breaking mosfet?

As i only use semi-auto due to both my play style and the fact that the majority of the sites I go to only allow semi-auto, I plan on installing an active breaking mosfet as ,insofar as I'm aware, this should help to ensure that I get a crisp trigger response on semi auto and that there will be no bursts or full auto firing when the weapon is switched to semi auto, as lately my Mk12 likes to occasionally start firing in bursts when I use semi auto. Therefore I was not only wondering whether or not the AB mosfet would correct this issue but also would a cut off lever still be required if I were to install an AB breaking mosfet.

Many thanks guys!

Re: Do you need a cut off lever if using an active breaking mosfet?

An AB mosfet only kicks in when you release the trigger. So you still need the cut off lever to kill the full-auto. A programmable mosfet can do away with the cut-off lever if necessary. Sounds as if you need a new cut off lever.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
    It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

As said, you would still need a cut off lever, but you could do away with the anti-reversal latch if using an AB mosfet.
      "Unleash just one load into the enemy
      and be ready to go again straight
      away... and that doesn't happen very
      often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

Sounds like either your cut off lever and or trigger trolley has begun to wear pal. Meaning that the trigger contacts can be touching but the cut-off lever is missing the trigger trolley to flick it off and break the circuit. So you can in theory fire in full auto on semi selection, if you just slightly pull the trigger and leave it there.

Ways to fix this are pull the trigger all the way through and faster each time you fire but really you need to replace whichever part has worn down in your GB.
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

danigan Find out more about danigan
        Working...
        X