longer barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• longer barrels

in my ics m4 im gunna get a 290mm x40 kinghts silencer and the get a relly long barrel say a madbull and extend it through all the way into the silencer will this give me greater range beacuse im trying to get great range say if i want to turn it into a sniper but if this dosent wat would be a better way to go about this

Re: longer barrels

Longer barrel = waste of money unless the gun is gas. Get a better hop rubber and nub, element h nub and tm/systema hop rubber

Comment

range is primarily a hop unit depandant, everything else its 2nd to that imo, including fps, i out range 425 fps snipers with my g36 shooting at 320 but thats cos is 1337 with ma hop up skillz.

but yeah hop first, im sure other will chime in on barrel length specifics and how they dont make a huge difference etc
      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

wat barrel and hop bucking would u suggest i want the best of the best

Comment

forget barrel length it doesnt make a difference. FPS makes a big difference on distance, thats if they are utlizing it with a well setup hop up. The reason some people say it doesnt make a difference is like magic says, most people ballz up there hop setups, either not setting it up, or not having the right bits, misalingment or a simple unwillingness to adjust mid game to the situation.

I too have seen a 400 + setups shooting poop then again ive seen newbies with hire guns shooting barely 280 shooting about 5 meters and they thought it was how it was ment to be. Imagine a whole day like that.

Truth is power does add distance even more so when it allows you to use a heavier bb, the combination of more power, more mass = greater distance, sounds odd i know but the greater mass will allow for more lift and power to be applied without deflection.

None of which makes a difference if the hop unit isnt applying "lift" to the bb

Just like a plane the distance it travels is determined by its speed, its mass and the amount of lift it creates.

The reason theres so much emphasis on the hop unit, is if the rubber and nub doesnt apply the back spin at a perfect center at the top of the bb it will add not just back spin but left or right spin too. Its not just a mater of fitting a rubber and nub and asuming it works, the barrel, hop and nub all need to be alinged. putting it to full hop and looking down the barrel into a light. try and see if the nub looks dead center.

AS the bb hits the soft rubber it will deflect it slightly, how does this have an affect on your bb, will it deflect left or right will it add even spin on both sides or will it just skim the top or will it alter your hop units settings.

When you start asking these questions, youll start to find any hop has the potential to be a great hop.

my personal preference is the firefly hop and flat nub combo as its the only one that truely applys pressure in a V shape. H nubs simply end up flat once the nub inside a standard rubber fills the hole which is the point for a more consistant flat accross the top of the bb, standard rubbers are fine if aligned correctly as they work on just touchign the very top of the bb.

Barrels, i like the pdi ones 6.01 or 6.05 anything of the steel variety to avoid scratching or deforming in the barrel, also the ability to drill that small for that long is no easy feat, you really get what you pay for with barrels.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KALASH92 I LOVE AIRSOFT Find out more about KALASH92
          Working...
          X