TM M14 DMR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 DMR project

Just looking for a little advice/confirmation I'm heading in the right direction. I've acquired a TM M14 from a friend which has been upgraded by a retailer.

So far it has been locked to semi auto and given an upgraded spring (no idea what type) and Guarder steel gears as well as a Tanio Koba rifled inner barrel.

Now due to it being a few years old it chrono's at around 380fps which isn't terrible given most sites I play have a 400fps limit on DMR's anyway.

It works fine but I can't help but wonder if it could be better. My plan for the further tuning was as follows:

Guarder sp120 tune up kit (already acquired).

Gate Electronics MERF 3.2 mosfet with active breaking.

R-hop modification.

AOE correction.

Ultimate infinity U-30000 high torque motor.

I'm running it on an 11.1v Lipo, was looking at either a prometheus or systema barrel but was wondering if it was worthwhile as it already has the TK barrel?

Also I already have a systema aeg hop rubber I could fit but wondered what others go for?

All advice greatfully received!
    Sarge: We're not retreating! We're advancing toward future victory!

Re: TM M14 DMR project

You don't need to add the Guarder tune up kit as you've already got the gear set, change the piston for the prommy hardened one, you only need one of the gate AAB mosfets as the MERF is the programable version and as you're locked to semi it will give you no advantages, you also need to get one of the steel cut off levers as the original ones wear

The TK barrels are excellent but running over 350 fps they tend not to work as intended and the best barrel by far I have found is the prommy EG
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

That's great, cheers. I must admit I did wonder if I could get away with the AAB mosfet will go with that. I'll check out the piston & cut off leaver.

And I had heard that the TK barrel may not be the best at higher velocity and as it happens I believe my local retailer has the prommy barrels in .

Any advice on hop rubbers? Although I had heard it's less critical if you're looking at fitting an R-hop but not sure if that's accurate?
      Sarge: We're not retreating! We're advancing toward future victory!

Comment

The guarder nozzle is not a sealing one, go for prometheus or shs for a good seal, also I found that the piston head in the guarder kit was next to useless, good luck with the upgrade!
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

A lot of people have found SHS nozzles to have pretty poor seals on them and also given that they are metal I would not recommend them.

Not had exp with prommy (I assume they are good though) but lonex/ultimate give a perfect air seal and wont cause extra damage to other plastic/rubber parts as they are plastic too.
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

All about consistency dude, check out 'THE holy grail of building your DMR AEG' on the google.
            You basically want to focus on getting your shot-to-shot groupings as good as possible and since it already has one of the best stock hops around, id start with getting that perfect airseal as well as including a bearing spring guide. Thats really all you NEED to do as it would get you maybe 330 fps consistently. Obviously you wanna make use of that 400fps limit so THEN you could shove in an m120 and 7.4 lipo. This would give you some extra power and trigger response. The marui motor aint the best so if that starts to fail then just get a high torque in there.

Upgrade for a reason and with a purpose. Theres no point starting with upgrading some gears and then a tightbore and so on, you want to think about what your trying to achieve for that build.
            Id say to prioritise:

-Air seal
            -Hop up (literally id leave this for now and r-hop unless you really feel it will make the difference)
            -Bearing spring guide
            -M120 & 7.4v lipo

See how she's running and then:

-High torque motor
            -(Gears if you fell it needs them....maybe...not really at this fps & single shot)
            -Tightbore

Left tightbore till the end because the TM hop and barrel assembly is a tried and true combination and work well together as they are build for each other. Therefore, when you start changing the barrel around it may not be as airtight and consistent.
            That being said, it could still be a valuable upgrade but remember....CONSISTENCY

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ColBurton Find out more about ColBurton
            Working...
            X