Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Auto confusion

Hi guys,

I'm working on an Ares G36 EBB which is firing full auto when semi is selected.

This is nothing new to me and normally an easy fix however as soon as I remove the gearbox and fire it outside of the gun the problem dissappears and semi-auto function works perfectly. As soon as I refit the gearbox the problem comes right back and I lose semi auto function again!

I've checked the selector plate as I refit the gearbox and its not catching on anything and moves freely, I have tried squeezing the gearbox in my hands to try and replicate the problem but I can't find the cause.

Has anyone seen or heard of this before, it seems like a total mystery to me!

Thanks

Re: Semi Auto confusion

Sounds like the selector switch is not lining up with the selector plate properly .

Comment

No the selector is lining up fine, the gearbox wouldn't sit into the lower receiver if the plate and the switch didn't mesh properly. The plate moves correctly from safe to semi to auto, it just doesn't fire on semi.

Comment

Have you checked to see if your cut off lever is worn down/the part of the trigger trolley on which it pushes to move it away from the trigger contacts.

Not sure why you are getting this specific problem but this is always the first thing I would check when fixing auto on semi problems.
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

Thanks Wilko. I did already split the gearbox and check the cut off lever as it usually sorts the issue but it looked fine to me.

It's just very weird that if fires semi with no issues at all when the gearbox is outside of the gun, as soon as I put it into the lower receiver it stops working. I might just replace the cut off lever anyway.

I have read that the microswitch has some issues, maybe I'll replace that was well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FlangTal1ty I like guns and enjoy shooting people, all you need to know :-) Find out more about FlangTal1ty
          Working...
          X