Popping sound when firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping sound when firing

I've got a Combat Machine MK18 MOD1 Aeg and it makes a popping sound like a balloon bursting whenever it's fired , being fairly new to the hobby I'm lost as to what the problem could be , could anybody point me in the right direction with this ?

Re: Popping sound when firing

Is it stock or has it had any modifications? My first thought is over-volume, i.e. your cylinder is compressing a lot more air than is required for the volume of your barrel, this can cause a nice loud pop.

Comment

Hi
      It's stock , no mods , I bought it as used second hand but it looks brand new and the seller didn't mention anything

Comment

ok, and how is it shooting? Is there any difference in the noise with BBs and without? Have you been able to chronograph it?

Comment

I haven't actually fired any BB's through it yet , I just plugged in the battery and dry fired it a couple of times , when it made the popping noise I didn't want to do anything else in case it was causing damage , I haven't got access to a chronograph I'm afraid , i might put a post out on here to see if I can borrow one locally

Comment

Thats very wise, lots of people make things a lot worse by continuing to shoot after it goes wrong to see if it gets better.

Any way you can video it shooting and post it here?

Comment

Yes can do , I'll film it now an post it up

Comment

if its a shorter barrel G&G, they are all over volumed.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Hope this works 😳

Comment

"we're sorry, this video has been moved or renamed"

Comment

Hi
                      Just been looking through some videos on you tube �� bit embarrassed here I think it's supposed to sound like that , I've been using a friends higher end gun which is a lot quieter than this one , think I've been wasting your time really sorry ��

Comment

No, that sound is from the motor, or at least, all you can hear in the video.
                        Its not sat quite right.
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

How can I adjust it ?

Comment

On the bottom of the pistol grip you will find your base plate. On that there will be a a few screws. The one in the centre will raise and lower your motor. Look on YouTube for 'airsoft motor height adjustment', it's one of those things that you're better off hearing. You'll see what I mean!

Comment

Ok thanks for that I'll take a look , I did fire a few shots on my firing range last night (along the landing upstairs into the washing basket)�� and it seems to fire ok I'll have a look at the videos , thanks everyone for the help ��

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mintsauce5 Find out more about Mintsauce5
                              Working...
                              X