Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Split gearbox mx5 pro/ M4

There's not many threads out there about this gearbox from ICS

So they are a V2 Gearbox with a difference (there is to pieces)
    Upper which houses
    spring guide
    spring
    piston
    cylinder
    cylinder head
    and tappet plate.

And

The lower which houses
    The gears
    Trigger
    H2E crontrol unit
    MOSFET (with Adjustable 3rnd burst depending what battery type you use)
    And ICS's patented Anti reversal latch (move the selector switch past semi and the compressed spring decompresses for longer spring life and reduced fps drop) you may wanna stick some thread lock on the screw as it can work loose and not work

Iv recently acquired this gun in a trade so by no means is mine new and I'm having a issue with semi fire
    After two to three shots I have to tap the trigger twice for it too fully cycle a round off in semi could be the bat I'm using I'm not sure currently I'm using a 8.4 Large type to test it but am ordering a 9.6v Nunchuck to fit into the front handguard hoping that the more power will sort my problem, not sure if the control unit is knackard tho....

Also was wondering what gears will fit inside it as not sure if standard gears will fit?

Any help would be fantastic
    Thanks
    Rabbit
    I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Re: ICS Split gearbox mx5 pro/ M4

Hey, mate lots experience with the awesome ics.
    yeah just sounds like your system doesnt have enough power to pull the spring. Do you onow what spring it has in? Does ot sound sluggish?

Comment

Its the standard spring I believe, it was much better when I fully charged the battery... It needs a 9.6 in my opinion tho
      And yh it did sound a bit sluggish but putting that down to the weak battery not being fully charged
      I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

Yeah foresure.

Comment

I run mine on a 7.4v Lipo, has to be tiny due to the torch handguard but I've never had issues in semi.

Comment

Sounds like the battery, I've upgraded several stock ICS M4s of varying ages with nothing more than a mosfet and thick wire - universally the result has been incredibly snappy performance on stock gears, motor etc running on 7.4 lipos and 8.4 nimh batteries.

Internal parts that cannot be readily replaced with other manufacturer's parts without some fettling:

Air nozzle, cylinder-head, hop unit, and that's it

As I've understood (from browsing online) the nozzle and cylinder-head use a different internal diameter to other manufacturers, meaning a stock nozzle will not work well/or not fit with an aftermarket cylinder-head and vice versa.

I've read that the deepfire air nozzle combined with any aftermarket cylinder-head works amazingly with the stock hop unit though
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I had this issue a while ago in a old school ICS M4 Split Gear Box, turned out to be a combination of the trigger contacts had worn heavily and decided to nads up and the selector plate.

Currently I now use my ICS M4 as a 'Discharge' gun as it annoyed me way too much D:

Either way, see if that's the issue.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ReconRabbit Find out more about ReconRabbit
              Working...
              X