Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR25 outer barrel and free float problems

Hi all.

Recently got a GR25 and have noticed the free float rotates slightly and the inner barrel moves up and down.. I can get a video of it if it helps.

Cheers
    sigpic

Re: G&G GR25 outer barrel and free float problems

Assuming G&G don't do anything special, it sounds like there is a missing barrel nut washer.

Ideally you'd need an AR tool to remove a barrel nut and as long as G&G don't use a load of thread lock it should be quite an easy task!

Comment

Any chance you know of a tutorial tonremove the free float? I think i have some washers
      sigpic

Comment

The rail system/hand-guard (free float is a phrase that describes how a barrel is supported within a rifle, not a thing in and of itself) should be removable, but you may well need the correct tools to remove it. You basically need to un-screw the collar around the rear of the handguard, and this should allow the handguard to pull off forwards. Once that is off you can use a barrel nut tool to loosen/tighten the barrel nut which should eliminate OUTER barrel wobble.

To eliminate the wobble between the inner barrel and outer barrel simply wrap some teflon tape around the inner barrel before inserting it into the upper
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

If you have problems removing the collar a strap wrench works wonders and can be had quite cheap on auction sites.

Comment

Its not the inner barrel in the outer thats the problem. The outerbarrel moves up and down inside the ris rail. Or its the ris rail that moves up and down around the outer barrel. If that makes sence.
            sigpic

Comment

G&G SR25 INNER BARREL MOVEMENT: http://youtu.be/F_H8y17aaGA
              sigpic

Comment

When I took the ris off one of my G&G's I didn't even need my armourers wrench to undo the barrel nut/collar, it came off with my fingers. My betting yours is similar and on finger tight so it's all moving. You need an armourers wrench just to really tighten up the barrel nut, or ris collar, what ever you want to call it.

If your setup is the same as mine the ris is screwed into a collar which rotates clockwise to remove the ris, your then left with the barrel nut/collar which both hold on the barrel and had been securing the ris. If this is lose that's your problem.

Comment

Chuff me! One of those pins in the gas block is stuck! I might have to drill it out and stick a roll pin in there!
                  sigpic

Comment

sorted!! what a job!

i had to drill out the pin and then the drill snapped so i had to drill it out from the other side... like suggested above the ring was loose! i had lost my barrel nut washers so i used a rubber washer and some ptfe and alot of bruit force. i had to use a spacer at the end of the barrel to center the outer barrel in the free float. and now there is no movement what so ever and i love it! good job well done!

next on the list is to strengthen the rear stock and to add foam to the silencer
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

desolation91 Simon Find out more about desolation91
                    Working...
                    X