Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Barrel nut queston

Hi,

Had a funny problem with my ICS m4 this weekend, first outing in a while and with a new inner barrel, metal hop unit and fire fly hop rubber. First couple of shots were great, then it seemed to start jamming, then the BB's started dropping a few feet out of the barrel.... bloody cold, bit of head scratching, swapped gearbox over, still no luck, wondering were the upgraded parts at fault.. couldn't feel the end of my fingers so decided to just grab the spare pea shooter.... Anyway came back to it at lunch time, little warmer, more head scratching, worked it through logically and realised the front end was moving around, Ah! Air seal was not happening, stripped down the front end and spotted the main nut spinning loose, tightened, all good! and back to been able to hit targets at a good range.

So that's the story (needed to share, frustrating to loose most of the morning messing around with the pea shooter....), my question is:

How do you properly tighten (or un-do) an ICS M4/m16 barrel nut? They seem to be a smooth circle with a 'tab' either side.. Doesn't look like a normal M16 nut (with the teeth) that an m16 tool would fit, though didn't try one, field fix was a chunky flat blade screwdriver and a hammer.

Also how much tightening does the nut need?

Cheers,

Matt

Re: ICS Barrel nut queston

I'd wrap a rubber boa wrench round it. Probably a good idea to put locktite on the threads and tighten it as hard as you can by hand - be a bit more careful if its plastic!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mattaddiction 30 odd, been in to Airsoft since I was about 15, recently re-discovered Skirmishing (end of 2012). From North Herts/South Cambridgeshire area. Looking to make contact with any Airsofters in my area. Currently play at Urban Assault in Peterborough, AWAherts is also fairly close, but not yet made it there. Find out more about mattaddiction
    Working...
    X