Can I fit a lipo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I fit a lipo?

Simple question, can I fit a lipo in a deans wired CM16 raider? And if so, what would be the reason to do so? Only reason I have atm is so I can put a more comfortable stock on there as the lipo should fit in the stock tube. It should also make it easier for me to change batteries.

Re: Can I fit a lipo?

Yes. Though don't go above 7.4v or you may risk damaging the gearbox.

They are far more advanced modern batteries than NiCad/NiMh. Generally have a higher capacity in a smaller package, better discharge, better charging etc...

Just get a proper charger and you'll be fine. I expect a load of people will come along with the extreme importance of balance charging to prevent a nuclear meltdown....

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks very much

Comment

They're quite safe. People will go into the pros and cons of lipos and get carried away and make them sound very dangerous.

Just a couple of things, don't chuck them, drop them, slam them around too much. Also, if you're for in and notice a drop in fire rate or responsiveness, it's likely it's running out of power. When you reach this stage stop using it. Don't wait until it's completely empty.

Buy a smart charger with a display and multiple options. Don't go for a box on the wall type.

Don't use it, charge it, or discharge it if it becomes swollen

Comment

Good advice. Secondly dont let them run empty or manually disharge them.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

Absolutely, just follow the advice above..
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LazzurusMan Find out more about LazzurusMan
            Working...
            X