Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Magpul PMAG M-Version Jamming. (Mid-Caps 120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul PMAG M-Version Jamming. (Mid-Caps 120)

Anyone happen to know how to solve the stupid and constant issue of them jamming?

I know the "obvious" result is to not overfeed them but that's pretty impossible as it can happen even when not near the full capacity.

I can take them apart to solve the issue when they do jam, that's simple enough, but not in the middle of a game zone.

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any way to sort it?

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Re: Magpul PMAG M-Version Jamming. (Mid-Caps 120)

I've only ever had this a few times myself - and then only when I was using the stock follower.
    I've since replaced them with the HSA followers and haven't had an actual jam since. But then since I didn't have many jams (maybe one or two) before, I can't say if these are a 100% fix. Might depend on your mags.

It's basically a follower that's the same width as the double stack "tube" in the mag, and is shaped to help the BBs follow the right offset stack pattern (so basically one side is a half sphere, and the other side is an inverse half sphere - if that makes sense)
    It does mean you lose the last 5 or so BBs in the mag, since as the "tube" in the mag goes down to single BB width, the follower can't follow (lol).

Comment

Are they pts pmags or beta project? I found a pistol speed loader was perfect, half empty mags got emptied to prevent it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xxerox View Post
        I've only ever had this a few times myself - and then only when I was using the stock follower.
        I've since replaced them with the HSA followers and haven't had an actual jam since. But then since I didn't have many jams (maybe one or two) before, I can't say if these are a 100% fix. Might depend on your mags.

It's basically a follower that's the same width as the double stack "tube" in the mag, and is shaped to help the BBs follow the right offset stack pattern (so basically one side is a half sphere, and the other side is an inverse half sphere - if that makes sense)
        It does mean you lose the last 5 or so BBs in the mag, since as the "tube" in the mag goes down to single BB width, the follower can't follow (lol).
        Interesting, the only issue I am trying to avoid is having BB's in the magazine when they are "empty" if you get me, atm I have drawn on the last BB in the mag but obviously I can't guarantee it might not shift or fall out (It's just a BB that I can replace).

Where did you get the followers from? I did have a look on Z1.

Originally posted by emergencychimp View Post
        Are they pts pmags or beta project? I found a pistol speed loader was perfect, half empty mags got emptied to prevent it.
        They are official Magpul M-Version PTS 120rnd Magazines, I use a king arms XL speedloader, which also has the issue of jamming itself due to the pressure of the spring -_-;

I appreciate the idea of using less BB's to try and avoid the jamming issue but when I'm playing against hi-cap players in a non-CQB environment I just want to send some rounds down range.

Currently I have taken the stock follower flip caps out but kept the spring attachments in, I was considering putting something behind the spring to push it up to the retaining spring but as Xxerox said it doesn't work =/

Any further suggestions would be appreciated by anyone too =)

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

When I had a TM MAC10 these could sometimes have the issue of jamming every now and then. I was speaking to the site owner who also had one and he said about dropping in a little silicon oil every couple of mag loads, I never had the issue after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinotama View Post
            I appreciate the idea of using less BB's to try and avoid the jamming issue but when I'm playing against hi-cap players in a non-CQB environment I just want to send some rounds down range.
            Im not encouraging you load less than 120 rounds, what I am trying to encourage is that you only load 120 rounds. The pistol mag speedloaders when completely full have about 120 in as a max, they are advertised as 90 rounds but that is when they aren't completely full. It means that a full pistol speedloader is a full PTS Pmag and stops you over loading it, the most common reason why mags jam.
            sigpic

Comment

HSA = Hunter Seeker Armoury

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shinotama Human, Mil-Sim Airsofter Find out more about Shinotama
              Working...
              X