KAC PDW Internal Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAC PDW Internal Upgrades?

Looking to upgrade the internals of my PDW(Dboys) I just have questions for owners/previous owners of what they did?

What would be the suggest internal upgrades you would recommend?

Is a PDW compatible with Standard M4 upgrades, such as hop units etc ?

I would be playing mainly at a Woodland site but it does have some CQB only games, should I invest in a 285mm barrel to fit the extension for the Woodland games and just switch barrels between games which is a 2/3 minutes job?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: KAC PDW Internal Upgrades?

I used a madbull 285mm barrel, madbull ultimate hopup unit with tracer built in tracer and homemade lipo with on/off switch, ris lipo conversion, lonex a2 high torque medium motor,with the metal collar swapped over for the original black plastic,as its the only size that fits properly though the bottom of the gearbox/pistol grip,but I believe the dboys uses a long motor and standard M4 pistol grip.....AWS raptor VIII, but now that would be a BTC spectre front wired,

with the front ris lipo conversion, extra tracer battery, plus wires its a very tight squeeze,but it does just about fit and it all works fine, you can forget all about that and use a peq box or battery sling............... I get 320 fps with 17.8 rps,
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks Sparrowhawk!

Is the pistol grip easy to change or will I have to re-adjust the motor once I replace it?

Comment

the dboys uses a different pistol grip than the VFC,which is what I have. the dboys is a standard size m4 pistol grip and takes long size motors, if you change any pistol grip you would have to check the motor height, if you change the motor you will have to check the shimming between the bevel and pinion gear( a lot of people don't bother) and end up with shrieking or worn bevel/pinion gears

Comment

If you change the grip also, the motor, but then your wires will be too short so that'll need doing too.

In terms of barrels, just leave the original in or put in one the same length. You'll see no advantage in an extra 50mm or so. I don't get what people's obsession with having inner barrels inside silencers is about!

Comment

Also the Dboys uses short grips and short motors as well. They don't come from the shops with standard grips (at least they didn't when they first came out. I've not seen any stock that do)

Comment

ah is it standard short motors, ok I thought it was long, anyway vfc use the very uncommon medium

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bhunterism Find out more about Bhunterism
              Working...
              X