Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Why does the Galaxy MP5k have lock-up issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the Galaxy MP5k have lock-up issues?

Hi guys, thought to ask this question as i am unable to find the cause of the dreaded Galaxy MP5K gearbox lock-up. I have had this gun for 2 weeks now and i am aware that the chances of lemons within the cheap-soft market is high but have been previously told the galaxy MP5K's tend to be sound... Done some research and it seems that this problem is fairly common, but i have search for the issue to no avail. Trigger is pulled and motor goes click, continue to hold done the trigger and motor get hot (It cannot pull the spring back). Try it in semi and fully and no luck. 9.6v battery does not solve the issue either... I disassembled the gun and found no issue so i reset the gear,piston etc and re-assembled. The gun still ceases to fire and the motor still clicks when the trigger is pulled. Any luck guys? Has anyone managed to find a manufacturing fault with these guns that the majority of them are plagued with?

Cheers for any help. Would love to fix this gun.

Lewis

Re: Why does the Galaxy MP5k have lock-up issues?

When you say clicking noise, do you mean electrical or mechanical? You will be able to tell if the motor is trying to turn, or wether the switch is skipping.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

I know it seems daft but is your battery charged, this sounds like you're using a battery with very little charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My galaxy MP5K did the same, sorry no idea why
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

How would you describe it though? Often there's two types of clicking that can be associated. One being the motor trying to turn, and the other the switch.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
            When you say clicking noise, do you mean electrical or mechanical? You will be able to tell if the motor is trying to turn, or wether the switch is skipping.
            The sound is mechanical, it makes the 'shoom' sound as it tries to turn over. You can also feel the motor doing its torque twist in its housing through the pistol grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Knaggsyy View Post
            I know it seems daft but is your battery charged, this sounds like you're using a battery with very little charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Tried with 2 different batteries both 9.6 one was fully charged.. Its has locked-up twice. I had to strip the gun down to reset, it has then done it again. I am stripping it down again and am going to inspect. As beef has said he has had same problem it seems like this is a common fault.

Comment

Motor was garbage in mine. I changed it and the lock-ups stopped.

Comment

Yup the motor is the weak point ,very slow and if it does not complete a cycle and is partially compressing the spring then it jamms , they are very cheap so just replace the motor with a nice high torque one .

Comment

I'd agree with that. I thought the rof was a bit rubbish, so swapped out the motor for an SHS. Used it all day (7.4v lipo) at a semi only cqb site, no lock ups at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi guys, ended up stripping and rebuilding, its working again im going to see how long its last me :p im gong to get a 7.4 lipo should last longer without a lock-up. I reckon you guys are right with the motor being the problem... Cheers for the help lads.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XlewisDX Find out more about XlewisDX
                    Working...
                    X