G&P high speed set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P high speed set up

im looking to do some internal upgrades to my G&P autobot m4.
    id like to have a skirmishable fps with a high rate of fire, around 24bbs per second.
    im pretty new to airsoft, and im not sure how to do this.
    any help / ideas will be greatly appriciated

Re: G&P high speed set up

Firstly what is your budget? Battery Spec, and site FPS limits?
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

lets say budget is 500, can stretch if needed, can change the battery, must be able to fit in buffer tube or crane stock. site fps limit 350, i think thats what ground zero woodlands is

Comment

also i want to point out that along with the high rate of fire i still want to have decent accuracy

Comment

I would think that most G&P rifles would hit 24bbs/s with the right battery and with stock internals.

Comment

In theory you should get 27.9 RPS assuming your rifle has a G&P M120 HS motor, spring between M100 and M130, normal ratio gears (18:1) and are supplying enough amps to the battery for it to run at full power (maybe 30 amps tops) depending on the voltage.

For that kind of current though you will probably want either a 11.1v lipo or a pretty hefty 7.4v (or Life I suppose). For these you will need a mosfet fitted to stop your trigger contacts from burning out. These can be bought from around £10 and you only need a simple one.

To have a slightly lower ROF just use a slightly smaller battery which slightly under-power the motor. I can work out the size output if you give me the type (lipo/nimh etc.) and voltage you would prefer to use.
            For sale:

-Splitting M4
            -MP5 Parts
            -MP7a1
            -M9 Magazine

Comment

Okay, so maybe I should upgrade the spring just in case (not sure what the standard is) just putting in a lipo and a protective module And that show increase the rate of fire ?

Comment

Sorry I may have mis-lead you slightly. The spring is not important for the ROF in this kind of build. Just leave the spring as it is, unless you want an fps increase (I wouldn't bother as G&Ps are fine stock). What was it chronoing at last you went skirmishing or has it never been tested?

The ROF increase will come from using a big enough battery to supply the motor and then the protective module (hard wired mosfet) stops your trigger contacts from becoming damaged (happens when you use bigger batteries).

Other than that I would just go out and play with it. The rifle as stock will shoot really well and the cash you put into it in upgrades won't make it proportionally, that much better.
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into the battery and mosfet solution. Ive only had it 6 days and I'm gonna skirmish it this weekend, but it supposedly shoots about 315 fps and 720 rpm (that's from zeroone )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElliottD Find out more about ElliottD
                  Working...
                  X