Time to upgrade my internals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to upgrade my internals.

After owning my G&G F2000 for quite a while now, and shooting it at 400 FPS with completely stock internals, I think I am due an upgrade, especially since a couple performance issues have arisen. I will have my AOE corrected and my gears reshimmed, as I never did that when I bought it.

My question is does anyone have some recommendations on what I should be getting? I try reading on other forums but all I get are conflicting arguments on which hop up to get what gearboxes and motors are worth while.

I'll be getting a Maple Leaf 60 degree hop up, I don't care what anyone has to say about it, I would just like some solid recommendations on everything else. I'm also keeping my stock 6.03 barrel, just giving that a polish, and I think I'll stick with the stock gearbox for now.

Re: Time to upgrade my internals.

Hop is a good place to start. Give it a service, change the hop bit and the rubber and clean your barrel and then test it before you consider anything else. I don't replace gears and stuff until they break, but making sure your barrel, cylinder and stuff like that a clean and seated/aligned right are generally the main things to do when doing a service. A grubby cylinder or off-angle piston and stuff can cause problems, but if the problems have become apparent it is possible that one or the other will be damaged.

So... Do what you were going to do - service, align and clean, then do the hop and see how it works after all that.

Comment

Ok thanks Rich, what about the motor isn't worth replacing that now, maybe increase battery life. I do still need to install a mosfet, if not just for battery safety, but to also sharpen up trigger response and change full auto to burst.

Comment

Yeah MosFet's are cool, they protect the trigger like you say... Changing your motor can improve battery life (think brushless, Neodymium etc) but I haven't bothered and I get about 1200 rounds through my Recoil M4 with a 1100 mah 7.4 which is about a day and a half in the woods for me.

Comment

Depending on how intense I play my batteries can last a full Weekend or a few hours... which leads me to think I may need a replacement motor.

Comment

Or it may be that depending on the intensity depend how long the battery will last lol. You may find changing the motor won't give massive battery gains, but it definitely won't impact your fps or range or anything so won't mess up your other mods, but it may improve trigger response which I think is desirable.

Comment

Moved to Tech Section
              What is your performance goal and budget?
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

out of interest what site are you getting to run full auto at 400fps? Or is my reading comprehension suffering for a long day?

Comment

A non - official site that has been going for ages. I only full auto at distance as per our rules for over 400 fps... But I won't be doing that anymore. Semi and burst from now.

Comment

How are you going to correct AOE? If it's via a sorbo pad I personally feel on my short barreled F2000 that the cylinder is borderline to the capacity of the barrel (I think its a bore up or I have the wrong cylinder form the factory).

In ref to the maple leaf, the stock G&G green is quite thick and the leafs are thinner - be prepared to do the dental floss mod or wrap some ptfe tape to help it seal.

The trigger mechs are a problem too (at least in earlier versions) I'd wait for that to fail before dropping some cash on a mosfet.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
                      Moved to Tech Section
                      What is your performance goal and budget?
                      My goal would be range and accuracy, the gun is accurate out of the box, but I want more. I'm starting with a maple leaf hop up.

Comment

Originally posted by richw View Post
                        How are you going to correct AOE? If it's via a sorbo pad I personally feel on my short barreled F2000 that the cylinder is borderline to the capacity of the barrel (I think its a bore up or I have the wrong cylinder form the factory).

In ref to the maple leaf, the stock G&G green is quite thick and the leafs are thinner - be prepared to do the dental floss mod or wrap some ptfe tape to help it seal.

The trigger mechs are a problem too (at least in earlier versions) I'd wait for that to fail before dropping some cash on a mosfet.
                        No idea. I thought some companies sorted the AoE these days... I will have to see when I open it up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amy.payne.188 Find out more about amy.payne.188
                        Working...
                        X