Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps is low

Hi ,
    Following on from my previous thread on lowering the fps on my g&g cm18 mod 1 my skirmish buddy has bought a we hk416 standard electric not the gbb , it was bought second hand but the fps is only around 230 , he's been in contact with the seller who is certain it was firing at 330fps when he last had it chrono'd plus it came with the sheet from the shop where the original owner got it from and that says the fps was 330 , any ideas on what could be making it fire at the low fps ?

Re: Fps is low

EDIT: my reading comprehension is terrible this morning.

Second hand guns can often dry up a bit and lose air seal. Try getting a bit of lube into the cylinder and cycle the BG for maybe 100 BBs before chronoing again. If you are lucky you can get the lube in through a window in the cylinder.

Comment

Ok cheers I'll get him to try that , the gun is only six months old as the date on the sale receipt is sept last year

Comment

Ahh, might be a bit more of an issue, left-in-a-cupboard-syndrome is more typical when a gun has been left unused for maybe a year before someone sells it.

Basically that much of a drop is very not right. Especially in a newish gun. could be something as simple as the engagement of the nozzle to the hop up, or it could be a broken spring. With this sort of thing you'll find there is a lot of info out there if you are looking to fix it yourself. Google for air seal and you'll find plenty to keep yourself busy, but it's not unreasonable to get back onto the seller about this, as it's not as described.

Comment

Just a quick update , we took the gun apart today , just seperated the upper from the receiver and from the looks of inside the previous owner must have had a can of silicone spray going out of date or something as the hop (outer and inner) plus the inside of the inner barrel were caked in it , also the cylinder and nozzle were caked in it , after giving it a bit of a clean up and cleaning the barrel with isopropyl alcohol it had gained another 40fps , he's now having the gun serviced at a local airsoft shop which should hopefully get it up to full speed :-)

Comment

Hopefully it was silicone and not anything that'd mess with your rubber parts. Not that it'd be mega bucks to put right, but it's a pain. I once opened a friend's new acquisition and the GB was caked in white lithium, as in properly packed in it. As the screws looked mint, I can only assume they'd sprayed it in through the gaps in the GB. It had worked into the cylinder and I reckon was probably on the hop as well.

How it looked... well, it looked like they'd loved their gun a little TOO much, if you get my meaning...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mintsauce5 Find out more about Mintsauce5
            Working...
            X