Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M4 mag compatibility problems

Chaps,

Once again I come crying to the forum tearing my hair out in frustration at what seems to me like a nonsense of a problem.

My G&G m4 which had been nothing but a nightmare with it's blown fet is also nothing but a nightmare with mags. As of today the only mags on the market that fit and work are G&G hi-caps. I HATE hi-caps with a passion, it's the rattling that gets me. I have spent well over a hundred pounds now trying to find a mid cap that fits, even G&G mid caps won't fit.

The problems I have had are always 1 of either 2 issues,
    1) Some mags lock in but drop in the magwell about 5mm or so.
    2) The mags won't lock in at all - they won't engage the mag release mechanism.

So I am thinking problem 2 is the easiest to remedy. I have taken the upper body off and the hop out and the mag locks in fin so it's not a mag catch issues. I have put the hop back in with the mag already in, then replaced the upper still with the mag in and all is fine and it feeds. I then take the mag out and put it back in and it won't engage again. Obviously the problem is the mag snagging on the feed tube somewhere I think... but there is no way of me seeing where without X-ray vision!

Any ideas - a shim somewhere or a bit of filing? The tube is either too long, or too far forward, sideways or backwards.

Re: G&G M4 mag compatibility problems

Try changing the hop unit? Or put tipex around the bottom of the feed and insert a mag to see if the allignment is wrong. I had the same issue once and it was the hop unit.
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Re: G&G M4 mag compatibility problems

Good shout - changed the hop and all is good, even though they look identical!!

Never again will I buy G&G though, new gun and I've had to replace the mosfet and the hop. And as for this high torque motor it comes with - my desk fan has more torque. So that's had to go in the bin too.

ThanKS for your help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mafu10 I haven't released my book yet Find out more about mafu10
      Working...
      X