King Arms sig 556 shorty > DMR conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arms sig 556 shorty > DMR conversion

I'm selling my gun, at least that's the plan. But now I'm thinking, project???

I have picked up a new AEG which is set up a bit more for QCB so I'm thinking maybe a longer range weapon might be worth keeping too.

So the gun I have is a short version, see here

http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1687

The only issue is the inner barrel is only around 250mm. I'd like to put something a bit longer it but what do I need to change to sort this? The outer barrel is obviously a fixed length. would you normally just buy a longer version off a different model?

Cheers

Re: King Arms sig 556 shorty > DMR conversion

You could add a suppressor to mask a longer inner barrel.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Barrel length is not really that important, past a point, on BBs guns because of the lack of rifling. A longer barrel will help your accuracy and range but far more important is your hop up, consistent fps from air seal, system stability (barrel wobble), BBs and the actual consistency/quality of the barrel.

A good place to start is just get all of your parts working perfectly as they are-perfect compression for consistent fps, properly setup hop which has been washed etc. rather than just throwing expensive upgrade parts at it which wont make difference in a poorly setup/stock rifle.

As for 'making a DMR', putting a suppressor on a short-barreled assault rifle and upgrading it does not really define something as a DMR in the sense of it imitating a real world DMR like an EBR or SR25.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

I was more intrigued by making a long range rifle, DMR just seems to be the term to use. I have recently picked up an AEG that has a pretty good ROF but the hop is not staying on tight so seems better for QCB.

After a bit of reading I seem to see 450mm being the limit for usefulness so thought I would try a slightly longer barrel. Obviously the other internals need to be set up right as a given first.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steven_191 Find out more about steven_191
        Working...
        X