Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade parts for an m4

Hi

I'm about to order some bits and pieces form an eastern shop and I was thinking of getting a couple of upgrade parts for my m4

I am interested in increasing range and accuracy

From what I have read this means, a good clean of the gun, tight bore barrel and hop unit

The gun itself was originally a dboys m4cqbsd, I've put a jg m4a1 front end on it but it is still running the original dboys hop unit and gearbox

I was considering a Prometheus 6.03 barrel

Also I was considering the hop unit, should I get an entire new unit or just new rubber.

If it would be best to get an entire new hop unit would I be best off trying to find a marui one or some other make?

Re: upgrade parts for an m4

nearly all china guns come with 6.03/6.04 barrels as standard. For gaining range and accuracy, get a one piece hop a new rubber(i use guarder as my poison of choice) make sure your getting a good airseal(seal with some pfte tape) and give your barrel a really good clean(use the t-cut/brasso then wax polish method)

Comment

Best off changing the rubber and nub first. If you don't see much difference, then get a madbull or systema hop unit. These seem to be the best for M4. As for the barrel, the prommy is very good.

Edit to what Vlad says the china barrels are crap. Doesn't matter if they are 6.04 or 6.03 as the tolerances are all over the place.

Comment

something like
        "Madbull Regular Hopup Bucking Blue 60 rubber"
        do the job for changing the rubber, looks like it comes with both rubber parts for the hop up chamber, or is there a specific brand that does particularly good m4 rubbers available from a uk shop?

the dboys hop up is a 1 piece btw

Comment

sorry but the china barrels are not crap yea the tolerances may be off, but not by much as at that diameter its still going to be more accurate shooting wise than a 6.08 barrel?

Sorry just have to add as well do a search and most people that have got digital callipers put them on their barrels to see what they are, and they are not all over the place.

Comment

You must have had a good chinasoft then. As as far as m4's go dboyz make one of the worst. Do a search on google, there will be alot of discussion on which is the best hop rubber.

Comment

well if it was one of the first version dboys then yea they were not great, but that got sorted in like 6months. In my and many others opinion if your after a china m4 dboys was the way to go, kalash and cyma for aks and jg for g3 and g36. Infact if your buying a chinagun today (yes i know there are feck all of them about atm) but buying from any of those manufacturers your at least in the 90 percentile that you wont get a lemon.

Comment

Ah that figures, cheers for clearing that up Vlad. I'm speaking from experience from using a very old dboyz M4. Old school style with a plastic body, and 2 piece hopup.

As for the hop rubbers i rate them in this order, from availability in the U.K

TM/Systema
                Guarder Clear
                Madbull Shark
                Element
                ICS

Firefly and prommy are brilliant, but unavailable in the U.K as far as i know.

Comment

lol i always find that when people disagree, its because you end up talking about totally different things, once everyone is on the same page it seems to work out ;p I know its a pain in the wattsit, as you dont realise that the manufacturers are changing their designs even in little ways all the time, so there can be a massive difference between the first run of guns and say 2/3 years on. The same as when a totally new model comes out, the first ones will always have issues to begin with, for example the new magpul fmg, has got some really bad reviews due to the selector switch being cack and a few other things but its a brand new design, and real world use will always bring problems out better then in a lab or workshop environment.

Comment

firefly and Prometheus rubbers are available form a site that supports with fire

would I be better off with a prommy hard or soft?

Comment

soft at sub 350fps

Comment

Edit beaten to it. XD Soft is better for U.K standard limits

Comment

thanks for your help guys

will be getting a prom,my soft and 6.03 barrel

Comment

well try just the rubber first see if that makes enough of a difference. The key is to upgrade the bits that need upgrading. If it doesn't need doing then your just wasting money.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

user1453 Find out more about user1453
                            Working...
                            X