Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Famas

Evening All,

So ages ago I got given an old TM Famas which was dead, simply never did anything. Put a battery in and no sounds or anything.

Just wondering if there's any parts available for these, I'm aware that are very very old guns. In fact I think this one is about 8 years old :S

I've had it sat in it's box for a few years now and I can't be bothered to sell it as it's fairly heavy and postage will cost a bomb as it has a few hicaps.

Are there any people/shops that are likely to be able to repair it? or does anyone sell the Gearbox?

I'm based in Sussex if anyone can help or fancies having it dirt cheap.
    The clown has no penis

Re: Dead Famas

I've had one open, its not the most convenient, but it's doable. Sold it now as it was demoted to about 5th backup by better guns in my collection, but it shot very nicely and people smiled to see it.

The motor is your sticking point really. If that works, there's a fair bit you can do with it. But the motor is proprietary and there aren't many after market parts. I did see a thing about using a similar sized RC motor, but I've lost the link and my googlefu has clearly weakened.

I think there may be an issue with the tappet plate also, but AFAIK everything else is a mix of parts also used in v2 and v3. Very ready to be corrected by those more in the know.

Comment

I'm half tempted to see if there was a way to somehow fit a wolverine SMP in it or something similar. As I don't have the patience to try and source the parts lol
      The clown has no penis

Comment

If you could sort out the creaking externals you'd have yourself an extremely unique and amazing gun.

Comment

Bingo Airsoft did a P* conversion on an FAMAS. It's a shame there no high quality, updated replicas of the FAMAS. It's a very unique looking piece.

Comment

I'll buy it from you if you want, I am in need of a FAMAS for a loadout.

Comment

Going full-on Belgium Amy?

Comment

Ritchie, the famas is french, I've almost completed my belgium loadout now, just need France and German.

Comment

I was on a joint exercise with the Belgian army, and they had a small amount of issued FAMAS's and FNC's. No idea what unit they were, we just refuelled their cabs. Thought you were being a completionist!

Comment

I am kinda, but you need to seize a good deal when it comes along.

Comment

Cybergun still make an FAMAS clone, but from what I've read, it's not the greatest build quality.

Comment

Well, Cybergun don't make anything. They have companies make guns for them, they just own the rights to guns. They are a horrible company. Anyway, we are kind of going off topic here though.

Comment

Just for reference, I've got the link to a replacement gearbox should it need it.
                          The clown has no penis

Comment

Aren't the Cybergun externals considered pretty decent? No creak compared to the Marui. I'm sure I read where people were doing good things buying the Cybergun and putting their Marui internals in them.

That Marui creaking though... It may be the time its been since I had one causing my memory to become embellished, but I'm pretty sure there'd be small noises coming from it for about 5 minutes after you put it down as it settled.

Comment

They can be very creaky lol Theres loads of quick mods though to reduce the creak.

Performance wise they are very good (TM that is), it's hop is pretty much TDC hop too which is a bonus for going down the R-HOP route. I'm torn between getting it repaired and upgraded as a backup gun. Or just shift it and use the money to buy some parts for my G5.
                              The clown has no penis

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hef legend Been playing airsoft in and around Sussex for about 5 years, I'm quite into my sniping and enjoy having a decent skirmish Find out more about Hef legend
                              Working...
                              X