BOLT BR47 magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BOLT BR47 magazines

Yep will have to. Gonna try it later tonight, hopefully get to the bottom of it

Comment

Didn't get chance to try last night but will give it a shot tonight. The manual shows how to to take the top off which looks easy enough

Got an email from Bolt and they say any Marui base AK mags will work. I replied with a summary of what I've been trying, let's see what they reply with.

Comment

Wish I could help bud I've got a few mags that work both mid and hi-cap but for the life of me can't remember what make they are will have a decent look tonight to find what make they are

Comment

That would be awesome jonglow, thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by jonglow View Post
            Wish I could help bud I've got a few mags that work both mid and hi-cap but for the life of me can't remember what make they are will have a decent look tonight to find what make they are
            Any luck in finding them mags mate?

I've tried disassembling my BR47 but the manual says take the charging handle out, how do I do that? The maual can be downloaded from here: http://www.bolt.tw/media/BOLT_BR47_manual.pdf

Comment

Sorry bud gone through the lot none have any markings saying what make they are they will be either G&G vfc or classic army as those are the make of ak variants I have

Comment

Thanks mate, guess I'll buy one of each and see which one fits.

Comment

Finally got the mag to fit! Had to shave ALOT more off

However now it wont feed. The mag is a little wobbly when inserted and when I take it out there are some BBs in the guns loading nozzle, but when I press the trigger no BBs come out. I tested the hi cap that came with it and it works fine. What could be causing the feeding problem?

UPDATE:

It feed the first BB fine but then I have to eject the mag and put it back in again to feed again.
                  Last edited by elrasho; 20 March, 2015, 00:12.

Comment

BOLT have replied saying try PTS, Lonex, LCT, Marui or SRC mags. Well I just got a metal CYMA mag today, will give it a try tonight.

Comment

Good luck mate, not sure which brands I tried but the amount of mags I tried in it at the weekender I would have thought I got through most brands. You really need to take the upper body off and see where the mag is catching. It's a very simple solution to your problem and it'll save you alr tune trying different mags.

Comment

Good news! Got my Cyma metal AK mag and tried it, didn't fit.... so I began filing the part in the green box bit by bit and trying it. Eventually I filled enough off for it to fit snugly It feeds fine until there's about 10 bbs left in the mag and then gets temperamental but I think that's the mag more that the gun.

Here's a comparison:

As you can see all I had to do was file down the bit above the lip including the top edge.

Looking down the magwell this bit in red was the culprit:

One question though, is it normal for mags to misfeed when there's a few BBs left? I'm thinking it's due to the fact it's a CYMA brand, I might get a 72 round TM mag and give that a try.

Thanks again for all your help and advice mafu10 and jonglow

Comment

Yeh when my Ak mags got the end the last few shots wouldn't feed. Some m4 mags are the same some are better than others. My experience with Ak mags was they were pretty rubbish.

Comment

My ics wouldnt feed any other mags bar its high cap. Turned out the lip (the bit in the red box above) is ever so slightly fatter on ics mags. If i oushed the mag up itd feed but if i let go itd stop after a few shots (could hear the bbs feed)

Ergo the mag catch is ever so slightly different. I modified the mags first by gluing pieces of plastic on the lips but they kept breaking off in games.

So i replaced the mag release/trigger guard with a cyma. Feeds 100% now.
                            Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Got the TM mags and they didn't fit either. So I filled down just the top edge of the bit in the green box and they they fit fine. However my FPS has dropped to 295??? The CYMA mag gives me around 320 FPS. Any ideas how I can get my FPS back up?

Comment

Any ideas on the FPS issue? Think it may be the air seal from the magazine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

elrasho Find out more about elrasho
                                Working...
                                X