11.1 with M80 spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.1 with M80 spring

As the title says, should I be wary of using a 11.1 with a M80 spring?

Re: 11.1 with M80 spring

It will give you an amazing trigger response and ROF assuming you aren't using a terrible motor

An 11.1 will decrease the life span of your gearbox, by how much is down to the quality of your gearbox, it's parts and how well it's been put together. Every gearbox will fail at some point, even using 7.4 lipos or 8.4 nimah batteries. Without a Mosfet it will also decrease the life of your trigger contacts.

But if you are happy to take this risk that it could break shortly after putting in or after 50,000 bbs then that's your choice.

If you're asking for how long do we think it would last, then you will need to provide some extra info, such as what the make of the gun is, what the fps is, whether there have been any mods to the gear box etc but even then it will be hard to give an accurate estimate. It's largely down to luck/how well it's been put together and shimmed.

Naturally some higher quality guns, such as a g&g top tech gen 3 should be ok for quite a while where are a jing gong probably wouldn't.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your replie, the RIF in q is a am-013. I've swapped the motor to a Gaurder high torque after the stock one failed and the ROF is abit bla tbh. I'm currently running it on 7.4 lipo. But reading up about using 11.1 on this particular RIF is taking a risk.

So my plan will be either to change the motor to a high speed or change the gear ratio and install a bigger spring to compensate.

My main objective is to increase the ROF without losing anymore FPS I think she's firing around 290

Comment

Your main issue will be pre engagement. Your spring might not be quick enough to return the piston before the next gear cycle. If that happens. Then by by piston.

Just worth noting that. Hope it helps

Comment

11.1v can be done safely with an M90 spring with the right motor. In your case however, the 11.1v + Guarder HT will definitely fail due to piston timing errors.
          Last edited by sj_asc; 26 March, 2015, 15:41.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Sorry to sound like a numbty but by how much would a high speed motor increase the ROF? By what your saying the safest option is to stay on the 7.4 and change over internal parts instead of increasing the power and causing massive damage in the run

Comment

The Guarder High speed motor is a very fast motor, but you will loose a lot of torque as unlike the high torque motor they do not have neodymium magnets. There is still plenty of torque for an M80 though ;P With an M80 and Stock Ratio gears assumed as 18.7:1 you will definitely see a jump in ROF going from Guarder HT to Guarder HS.
              The High speed motor will also draw more current, so be sure that your battery pack can sustain the higher draw and that the rest of the wiring loom is capable of handling the higher current (deans connectors would be a bare minimum upgrade here). I would also strongly advise you run a FET in the wiring loom to take the high current switching away from the mechanical contacts - This will not only ensure that you have a far superior contact lifespan, but also that more of the current gets to the motor rather than is wasted as heat in the form of resistance and arcing as the contacts meet. High draw motors benefit from this the most, and you will almost certainly notice an increase in rof and decreased pickup times.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

Funny that before you made that post I already purchased that motor, so you recon il be able to run that motor and keep the current m80 spring and achieve 300fps give or take?

I've wired the RIF to deans and it come with a fet as standard.

With the battery space with this RIF I always carry two 1300mah.

Comment

Yes for 7.4v it will be fine, however if you increase voltage further (even 9.6v) then I would suggest increasing the main spring rate to avoid running into piston timing issues.
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aero Find out more about Aero
                  Working...
                  X