Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I greased my gearbox now it won't stop firing FML

Hello all,

I'm a bit of a newbie to airsoft in terms of maintenance but I think I my have broken my v3 gearbox from my ICS g33. I was greasing the gears and put everything back together but now every time I connect the battery it fires without the trigger being pulled. I feel like I made some kinda stupid mistake but not sure what I did. I'm not sure what information you guys need to help me out so just ask and I shall give!

Re: I greased my gearbox now it won't stop firing FML

It sounds rather like you may have done something to the trigger contacts; take it apart again and make sure that the trolley is in the right place when the trigger is in the non firing position.

Comment

Thanks! But like I said, I'm a super noob when it comes to AEGs. Im great with springers and gas but i need someone to hold my hand here...

Comment

You probably forgot to reconnect the trigger contact return spring and now the moving trigger block is in the forward position and is completing the electrical circuit and causing the gun to fire

Comment

do you guys have a picture that would illustrate the trolley/return spring in their correct positions?

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
            It sounds rather like you may have done something to the trigger contacts; take it apart again and make sure that the trolley is in the right place when the trigger is in the non firing position.
            When you say trigger contacts do you mean black box where the wires go before the fuse and motor? I took it apart and it seems like you are right, when I pull the trigger it moves the plastic platform that has a return spring with a metal closed contact towards and into the a metal open contact. The problem I have found is that once the connecting is made the return spring does not bring the platform back to the start position. Is there a way to shorten the spring? Or should I just buy a new one? If so where do I buy that spring?

Comment

New spring. You can buy a pack of gearbox springs easily enough, maybe an auction site (!). Alternatively, a wanted ad here might get you just that spring for the cost of a stamp.

Just checked my spares box, I don't have one unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                New spring. You can buy a pack of gearbox springs easily enough, maybe an auction site (!). Alternatively, a wanted ad here might get you just that spring for the cost of a stamp.

Just checked my spares box, I don't have one unfortunately.
                Does the size and strength of the spring vary between different gearbox varients?"

Comment

You want a V2 specifically. The varying makes pretty much follow same pattern from TM. Is it a split box?

Comment

You want a V2 specifically. The varying makes pretty much follow same pattern from TM. Is it a split box?
                    I have no idea what a split box is. My box is in one piece. So v2 springs are better for my v3 box?

Comment

Ah damn, sorry dude, trying to help too many people tonight, I was just talking to someone about their M4! No, you need a V3 set.

Comment

Ah damn, sorry dude, trying to help too many people tonight, I was just talking to someone about their M4! No, you need a V3 set.
                        Ha thats ok. So i can get the v3 spring set from the zero one store and thats all good?

Comment

My mistake! V2 and 3 share the same spring set!

Comment

Double check that the short middle screw (one of 2 screws that holds the safety assembly in place) isnt too tight as this is directly above the switch assembly. If the washer is missing the screw can sometimes pass thrugh, pushing down on the top of the switch block and can cause the switch trolley to stick.
                            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
                              Double check that the short middle screw (one of 2 screws that holds the safety assembly in place) isnt too tight as this is directly above the switch assembly. If the washer is missing the screw can sometimes pass thrugh, pushing down on the top of the switch block and can cause the switch trolley to stick.
                              Its not that. The trolley stuck when the whole thing was disasembled. So ima just buy new springs!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

theplatypus Find out more about theplatypus
                              Working...
                              X