Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberGun F1 Famas and Larger Batteries

Hi there,

I've been getting into Airsoft and until recently was using an M85 G36C with a spare battery that was identical and was only a substitute until I got UKARA and bought a "real" gun. I know own the CyberGun F1 Famas, as per the title and have come across one of only three problems with the gun. The battery compartment, located in the hand guard, is too small to fit a square sized 2200mAh NiMh battery. I did buy this battery at a fairly good price so I could sell it on but I would much prefer to acatually use it.

I do hope the question I'm asking isn't too dumb as I always live by the philosophy that you don't know something until you've learnt it. As I haven't I would like to!

The 2200mAh NiMh battery appears to be 7 cells as per the picture.

dscf4536-l.jpg

Since it appears that the odd cell it likely the problem and that i might be able to get away with using it in the FAMAS if I could remove that cell, my question is just that.

Can I remove a cell from this NiMh battery without causing damage?

Thanks in advance!
    Thunder.

Re: CyberGun F1 Famas and Larger Batteries

Yes you an do that. It needs a bit of confidence with a soldering iron but there are many guides on Google and YouTube for modifying battery packs. Look for both air soft and r/c tutorials.
    Or go lipo. Better performance. Smaller package. 😃

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
      Yes you an do that. It needs a bit of confidence with a soldering iron but there are many guides on Google and YouTube for modifying battery packs. Look for both air soft and r/c tutorials.
      Or go lipo. Better performance. Smaller package. 
      Hi Figjam,

Thanks for replying! Very happy that it is actually possible.

I spent a few hours researching the pros and cons of different battery types last night. LiFe seems to be the most stable as I am worried about a LiPo ruining my hand guard but I'm also very aware that it's not a common thing. I'm currently using NiMh of which an 1100mAh came with my FAMAS which I'm happy as I thought it was a NiCd! The only problems I have with LiPo are that they can catch fire, and that the FAMAS only has a set size for batteries, so while they may have larger capacity for their physical size, I don't want to go too large. My final problem is I don't fully udnerstand their specs. I've seen 7.4v and 11.1v LiPos but since I've only ever dealt in NiCd and NiMh, I'm used to seeing 7.2v and 8.4v, my FAMAS internals are all stock as I've not changed anything so I really don't want to cook them with a battery that is too powerful for them, nor do I want to lose performance as it shoots very well right now.

On that basis if anyone can link me some information on these situations I'd be very grateful! I'm currently using 8.4v NiMh batteries and I did read that I may see an slight increase in performance when using a 7.4v LiPo battery, which I don't understand, but as I said, I'd be grateful for some information on these situations.

Thanks again!
      Thunder.

Comment

I have come across some PEQ boxes but none seem to be large enough. I am wondering anyone knows where I can find larger PEQ boxes that might fit the 2200mAh battery in my op.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thunder Sniper Find out more about Thunder Sniper
        Working...
        X