G&G mp5 motor getting hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G mp5 motor getting hot

I recently got a G&G pm5 blowback (nylon version), it was taken to its first game where it preformed really well, however in the last game of the day at the end the motor in the grip started to get really hot. Local Marshall's thought it was sticky motor bushings, I plan to remove the motor and give theses a clean, but they thought it may be something else, I you have had this problem with this gun or another AEG could you please point me to the problem. Bearing in mind that that day was the first time it was ever used as it arrived the day before.

Any help would be really appreciated

Alex

Re: G&G mp5 motor getting hot

Hi mate

I have a G&G MP5A5 with blowback, this is the same one : http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6094

It depends how hot we are talking about though?

If the pistol grip just feels a little warm or even just warm then that's fine and normal as most do get warm

If you are continually shooting on auto for long bursts with little time between bursts then it will get warmer

If its getting to the point where you can really feel the heat then its possible that your motor is indeed straining, this could be for a variety of reasons, chief among which is that the pistol grip plate (the black plate under the pistol grip) is too tightened, try loosening the centre screw (should be a large flat head like screw in the middle of it), failing that just undo the smaller screws on either side of the plate a small amount (say less than a 1/4 turn).

You could also try opening the gearbox, cleaning the gears with some degreaser, shim the gears and regreasing the whole gearbox with some quality white lithium non petroleum based grease on the gears and silicone grease or oil on the piston head. But only do this if you have the tools, know how and if you feel confident in doing this.

Lastly out of interest:
    What batteries are you using?
    What is your FPS roughly?
    What is your rate of fire?

The last two assume you have a chronograph of access to one, use you local sites one if you want to test these.

Watch this video here from Airsoftology, start from the 8:26 minute mark as he gets on to a similar question and explains it, heck you might even like or subscribe to his channel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCCs28Usyo

Comment

Re: G&G mp5 motor getting hot

Thank you for all the advice

I am using a 9.6 large vapex battery, the FPS was 350 at the last game but that was new, I am going to a game on Sunday so I can get the FPS again and the ROF. I have changed the screw on the bottom as it was screwed in quite far, I will find out if it's fixed at the game.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alex_7753 Find out more about Alex_7753
      Working...
      X