LiPo batteries - how to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiPo batteries - how to.

Hey guys. I've just purchased G&P M733 (yay, first G&P in 10 years of 'softing!) and I'm wondering about putting the LiPo battery in it as normal ones are a really tight fit and I can't be bothered fighting with them all the time + breaking the covers.

There's just one wee thing - I've been searching for 8.4's with no effect. I've read couple of forums on the subject but most of it is just geeky chit-chat. So... what should I put into this stock gun - a 7.4 as the 11.1's would have even killed my upgraded ICS? If so how this will affect the gun's performance and ROF?

Re: LiPo batteries - how to.

Lipo's don't come in 8.4v flavour. They come in multiples of 3.7V. A 7.4V will provide the same rof as a large 9.6.

Comment

lipos voltage ratings that they are sold with is a 'nominal' voltage which isnt when fully charged it more like 70% ish.
      lipos like ohter batteries are made out of cells, every lipo cell has a nominal charge of 3.7V and a full charge of 4.2V.

So... a 7.4 volt lipo battery is fully charged at 8.4,(2 cells, an 11.1 has 3 so that would be 12.8) but as has been said above the rate of fire is more like a little lower than a standerd 9.6v battery, thats because of the chemistry and current output, which im sure you can read about after a bit of googleing.

also i might add that not all packs are the same size and differ from brands and capacities so check the dimensions your after then go shopping :p
      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Lipo's do come in 8.4 but they are only made by MADBULL and very expensive mate

first thing make sure all the vital parts are metal ie, bushings, shims, gears..

then the 7.4 v 2200 2cell , is the same output power as a 9.6 3300 nicd battery ,

and the 7.4 will be fine in the state the gear box above ,

if your wanting to do a 11.1 / 11.4 lipo conversion , the wiring needs making better 14g or 16g , a better trigger switch block , near perfect shimming , hardened gears , upgraded piston etc etc .

plus a lipo charger with built in balancer will be ideal , for more info , use the search function as there are multiple threads about them .

Comment

Madbull is LifePO no LiPo XD

Comment

As far as I know the G&P does pretty sturdy gearboxes nowadays, don't they? I'm thinking about using this gun basically out of the box and I don't intend to carry out any improvements apart from tighter barrel. Does any have any experience with stock G&P GB's and 7.4 LiPo's?

Comment

pretty much any grarbox would be fine with a 7.4 pack, if it turns out not to be then it wouldnt have been happy with normal batteries anyway.

Comment

ive had a 7mm G&P gear box installed in my masada,
                works great on a 7.4 lipo , but even better on 11.4 after upgrading wires

Comment

Thus if it has any problems that should be the warranty issue then. Now, it's time to sell the 'old' small batteries...

Comment

actually to add to gearboxs taking it, ive had a mishmash gearbox essentially being a jg at heart, its shimmed perfect and Aoe is bang on (i didnt need to remove 2nd tooth), ive run it for over a year on 9.6, to reduce weight i went to 7.4 lipos, but for fun and to see how it was i put two packs in series to give me temporary 14.8v pack, well, charged its at 16.8v, had a mental rate of fire or course, but as my gearbox is well sorted nothing broke at all, not even worn down actually which i was a bit suprised at. im sure after a few games things would tear down quite quickly simply as its all doing more work than normal but its not like it would feed very well anyways :0

Comment

I have some experience with 9.6v lifePo's and that is exactly what I found them to be POO....Not as good as Nicad 9.6v, chemicaly they may be better but performance wise forget it.

I have a G and P and the first thing I did was order 3 11.1v lippo's. Cut the wires and put in deans connectors. I run mine on them straight out of the box. No problem so far. Mind you I build my own gear boxes so WHEN something does go wrong, it will get a re built box, with mods. Also mine is very short barreled not sure I would run long barreled guns on 11.1's, without slowing them down first anyway.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                        As far as I know the G&P does pretty sturdy gearboxes nowadays, don't they? I'm thinking about using this gun basically out of the box and I don't intend to carry out any improvements apart from tighter barrel. Does any have any experience with stock G&P GB's and 7.4 LiPo's?
                        You will have no problems running on a 7.4.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sandman Airsofting since 2001 Find out more about Sandman
                        Working...
                        X