Blown Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Fuse

So I've been doing some upgrades to get a better trigger response and slightly higher RoF. I have installed:
    Sp110 guarder spring
    Spring guide with bearing
    Madbull Px piston
    16:1 SHS gears
    High torque shs motor
    SHS 8mm Gearbox bushings with bearings

I've shimmer the gears and they were turning fine before I closed the gearbox. I plug in my 7.4v 1300mAh lipo to see if it all works, I hear a little chunk noise, the motor contact felt hot and the fuse blew. I don't know what the fuse was but I suspect it was a 20amp.

Could the problem be that I just need a higher amp fuse or is there something else going on? I have some 30amp fuses and a 7.4v 2200mah lipo on the way.

Re: Blown Fuse

Sounds like box has jammed, first thing I would do is check the anti reverse latch. Sometimes you can remove motor and release latch from motor opening.

Comment

Could just be a blown fuse, the SHS High torque is a current hungry motor on start up!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks for the response guys.

I checked the ARL and it was working correctly. I've also redone the shim job so it feels smoother. Will get a higher amp fuse and see how it goes cos right now I don't any spare and can't test it.

Comment

Just test it without a fuse, if it doesn't work first time don't pull the trigger again! I've never used a fuse in my airsoft guns because I'm clever enough to stop pulling the trigger when it stops shooting, if you are competent at reshimming/building gearboxes you don't need one either
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Well I've reshimmed the gears but they only spin for a couple of seconds with the gearbox closed. I'm having trouble getting the gears to the point where they won't grind against the gearbox but will also spin freely.

Another thing is it looks like the motor is too far forward and pushing against the bevel gear to hard but the motor is as far back as possible. I'll see if I can get some pictures up later.

Comment

Remove the fuse totally.

Comment

Got the gearbox running but no matter how I shimmed it, the gears kept screeching. Following my instinct I took out the high torque motor, that I thought was pushing in the bevel gear too much, slapped in the stock motor and it works!

Is it still ok to use the stock motor with 16:1 gears? I know my trigger response won't be as good.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RKG Find out more about RKG
                Working...
                X