Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs for pts rm4...

Hey guys,

Recently brought a magpul pts rm4 cqb which needed downgrading due to shooting 370fps out of the box. They put a guarder sp110 spring in to reduce it, but what I wanted to ask is I've seen a lot of rm4 owners saying it needs to have a linear spring as a non linear spring reduces the recoil effect or something along those lines.. How do you find out if the sp110 spring is linear or non linear? As Google has been no help at all, and I can't find anything on hear regarding the matter....

Any info would be greatly appreciated. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Re: Springs for pts rm4...

You can tell by looking at it. With a linear spring the coils are evenly distributed; with a non linear they are not.

Comment

Ahh ok, thank you for that!

sigpic

Comment

Guarder Springs are Non Linear (irregular pitch), the tigher coiled end is designed to be at the spring guide.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

What springs have rm4 users on here put in there's?

sigpic

Comment

Now thats a question..... LWA did a pretty average job on my springs to get them to 370 from over 400 stock with the Scout version.

Ive contacted KWA and got a guide for stock springs and their lengths. Going to throw an Eagle six spring in there, probably 120 then maybe 130 if thats not good enough.

When a normal AEG spring was put in the recoil did indeed worsen.. beware putting in too weak a buffer spring as the piston will catch on the return stroke as the bolt isn't returned quick enough.

I will let you know what my results are when I get round to finishing it.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rfraser01 View Post
              Now thats a question..... LWA did a pretty average job on my springs to get them to 370 from over 400 stock with the Scout version.

Ive contacted KWA and got a guide for stock springs and their lengths. Going to throw an Eagle six spring in there, probably 120 then maybe 130 if thats not good enough.

When a normal AEG spring was put in the recoil did indeed worsen.. beware putting in too weak a buffer spring as the piston will catch on the return stroke as the bolt isn't returned quick enough.

I will let you know what my results are when I get round to finishing it.

Rich

Hey Rich,

That would be awesome! I did think about the eagle six 120 spring just haven't got round to trying! But definitely let me know how you get on?!

Chris

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
              Working...
              X