Emergency! ICS stock M4 AEG not feeding at all, no visible problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency! ICS stock M4 AEG not feeding at all, no visible problems

My ICS M4 has never had feeding issues before I don't think.
    Been using the same mid caps and original ICS high cap magazine for years, worked perfectly.
    Old ICS hop unit replaced with the exact same ICS hop up unit a year ago, as the old one broke.
    This was done by a gun tech, and done very well, was feeding perfectly a year ago.
    Hasn't seen any use really in a year, no skirmishes only a few tests here and there. Worked fine.
    Now all of a sudden, the hop up won't feed any of the mags.
    The hop is fitted perfectly and is basically brand new with no visible defects or blockages or anything out of the ordinary.
    The inner barrel is clean, no blockages happen, the hop up won't load the mags at all.
    Not even firing upside down with gravity working with it.
    BBs fit in the nozzle of the mag well hop up section fine. Mags seem to load fine.
    If I put a BB in the inner barrel, all the way down to the hop up, it will fire normally.
    If I put a BB in the mag well hop up nozzle, upside down, when firing it just dances up to try get out of the mag well hop up.
    BBs won't load at all. Everything was perfect a year ago when skirmishing with it and even after the brand new hop up was installed.
    Not sure what's going wrong. Everything looks perfect.

Can post pics and possibly videos to illustrate, if needed.
    I'm at a complete loss as to what's wrong. I have a game on Sunday, don't really want to go back to my local gun repair shop as they might not be able to get it seen to before Sunday's game.
    Please someone tell me that something little needs to be tweaked or is there something obvious I am missing?
    It's my primary and I have a game Sunday! Panic!
    Would massively appreciate any help guys.

Re: Emergency! ICS stock M4 AEG not feeding at all, no visible problems

I've had to replace 2 or 3 nozzles in my ICS m4's before.

Usually the lip on the nozzle that seats it in the tappet plate brakes and it causes the nozzle to travel unevenly, caused mine to stop feeding just like yours. Open up the upper gearbox and check it out, very easy to do in ICS split gearbox.

Comment

I've opened up the gearbox, checked the inner barrel, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the hop up unit, everything seems perfect. Nothing broken or out of place

Comment

right, using a torch I can see the nozzle doesn't come back and unblock the bb feed hole most of the time so how can I solve this guys?

- - - Updated - - -

not sure I feel that comfortable taking the top half of the gearbox apart though, is it complicated?

Comment

tappet plate and spring look fine! so does the nozzle and all the internals, I just don't understand what's the problem

Comment

It sounds like a problem with the tappet plate; you are going to need to take the upper gearbox apart to have a look. It is very simple to do; just make sure that you support the spring guide when opening everything up, so that it does not go flying.

Comment

The tappet plate moves the air nozzle back which feeds the next bb into the hop up chamber, it really does sound like a tappet plate problem, cheap and easy fix.
              sigpic

Comment

tappet plate needed replacing, problem solved, thanks guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

swordlordaj Find out more about swordlordaj
                Working...
                X