Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What on earth is all this wiring???

Hi all,

A little while ago I bought a G36 off here. I've finally had the chance to have a look at it properly, and have found all manner of wiring! I was rather expecting a single wire with a connector for a battery, and don't know what to do with it all! Can someone tell me what it all is? I appreciate that it would be easier if you could see where the wires lead, but I have no idea what I'm doing and would rather not take it apart unless I have to, until I have the time to look at some how-to videos.

Thanks all!

Tom
    Attached Files

Re: What on earth is all this wiring???

Looks like they had put in a mosfet

Comment

Maybe it's set up to be front & rear wired at the same time, so you can choose?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

home made mosfet, just with the connectors for quick detaching, i would geuss.

Comment

What on earth.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

Could be many things, I think either a safety system, a hop chamber tracer unit thingy or an ascu mosfet system, with the control unit somewhere in the body? You'll need to follow the wires!
            J

- - - Updated - - -

Yep that's a mosfet. The wires that go into the gearbox shell lead to your trigger box. The black box is either th mosfet itself or a connector to a non present unit. The deans at the top of the page goes into the female deans. The lower most deans is for a battery.
            J

Comment

Homemade mosfet. that bit sticking out is the actual component mosfet. look a bit like this -
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

All well and good but why wire it in like that? Why not just wire it inline and do away with the rest of that wasteful wireing

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for your help, everyone. I couldn't for the life of me work out what the metal thing attached to the MOSFET was. I spent a while trying to work out what it could be (or should be) connected to.

Next question though - how easy would it be to un-mosfet it? Not only does the wiring get in the way, but I think the mosfet itself may be broken (if I put in a battery and pull the trigger, the mosfet starts getting warm but the gun doesn't fire). I'll probably try and replace it in the long term, but I'm taking my girlfriend to a game this weekend and she was going to be using this gun. Can someone give me an idiot's guide to what should be connected to what for it to function without the mosfet? I did some youtube-ing and learned how to strip out the gearbox, and have attached a couple more pictures for reference.

As a slight aside, i wonder if something else might be amiss as well/instead. I plugged the battery into the wrong connector at first (long day!), and heard a slight twitch but that was it. Since those connectors are wired direct to the motor, shouldn't the gun have started firing as soon as I plugged the battery in?

Thanks again, and sorry for the newbie questions! I really want to learn this stuff properly by starting from the beginning, but if I can sort this out in the short term then I won't have to hire a gun for my other half!

Tom
                  Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Thanks very much for that Jonny. Should be a help when I come to re-mosfet it as well! :-)

So the trigger switch is just a plain old switch, so it doesn't matter which way round I wire up its contacts?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about the fact that it didn't start running when I accidentally connected the battery directly across the motor? If possible I'd like to avoid frantically re-wiring it (and paying for however many lots of next-day shipping for the wiring etc) only to find I can't get it running anyway!

And finally, can someone tell me what the name of the thick type of wire is? I'm presuming the thin stuff connected to the switch at present would overheat if it had the full current from the battery running through it, so I need to know what to look for to get some more.

Thanks again everyone!

Tom

Comment

16awg wire. Either silicon coated or mpee

Comment

Cheers! :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fulliautomatix Find out more about Fulliautomatix
                          Working...
                          X