Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWS raptor problem

Guys and girls...

Not having much luck recently with my aegs, in the last year everything has broke!

Anyway I have a VFC PDW I bought used off the forum, no complaints it's exactly as expected etc etc. It came fitted with a raptor electronic trigger which for the hand full of games in which I've used this gun the gun has been awesome.

Yesterday I took the gearbox out ONLY to replace the cogs of the ambidextrous selector switch because it wasn't moving with the left hand side one and I like things to work properly. It involved no dismantling of the gear box literally a 10 minute job.

Put it all back together and the gun will now only half cycle as in it will cock the piston and stop, it will not fire again even after reconnecting the battery, I have to jab the anti reversal latch through the gearbox window to release the piston.

To exclude it being a mechanical problem I popped the motor out and ran it outside the grip, nothing happened. Rqeconnected a different battery... nothing happened. Different motors.... nothing happened.

I thought I would try resetting the raptor so I booted it up into programming mode and did 9 short pulls of the trigger which I believe should just be the most basic and simple program. It responded with the little beeps as it should. Then when I pull the trigger its the same as before - not a full cycle of the motor and it goes dead again, I get one very short spin and that's it. Even disconnecting the battery and plugging it back in wont make it work I have to go through the program sequence to get anything out of the motor.

I've tried different batteries, all charged! 3 different motors and I am at a loss. It's obviously a problem in the fet rather than the gearbox because my testing has been done with the motor out. Unless does some part of the gear box mechanically engage with the trigger board??? If it is like an ascu I believe the cut off lever engages with it, potentially if they are the same could I have a cut off lever problem?

Any ideas? Is there a master reset sequence or has it decided to cook itself? It seems really really weird.

Cheers

Matt

Re: AWS raptor problem

The raptor takes input from both the selecor plate and cut off lever. It is possible that the cut off lever is stuck, however the best wat to tell would be to take the box out. It may also be the selector plates position.

Hook up the grip to the gearbox whilsts its out of the receiver, that way you can get a full view of selector assembly and cut off lever.

Failing this you might have to take the GB down and have a look, its also possible that either the cut off or trigger switch may be sticking.

If this is the case you can try to contact BTC directly, or if you have no luck there you can locate the parts indicvidually.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Good advice, I've taken everything apart and it all seems to be working perfectly mechanically speaking. With the grip attached the motor turns just enough to cock the piston then stops. It's like the fet isn't letting though enough power for the motor to do a whole cycle of the gearbox

I don't think it can be a trigger or trigger switch that's is problem because it's accepting programming inputs. The selector and cut off never all appear normal and seem to be contacting the trigger board where the cut off lever should. With the gearbox open and motor plugged in I've tried both manually lifting the cut off lever and manually keeping it pressed down to see if I got any different response from the fet and no change.

It s very strange, I suspect it's just decided to give up. I think I've removed any element of a mechanical fault from the equation now and it must be a fault on the trigger board. It's just strange it's accepting programming inputs, I would thought of it were fried it would be properly fried.

I had a trigger master fet years ago that freaked out once and a master reset fixed it but I don't think there is such a thing for the raptor.

Comment

if its going through the programming sequencing I can safely say that its a mechanical issue
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i think I'll open it up and have another look then. With the cut off leave disengaged so simulating semi auto, and me pushing the trigger button manually I was still get the same problem - just enough motor soon to cock the piston but not release it, it stops fully cocked and nothing I do will send any more juice to the motor. The same thing happens with the motor out of the gearbox - essentially here is enough power to turn it once the it goes dead. Any other ideas?? My thinking was with the cut off lever disengaged nothing should stop the gears spinning.

Comment

what batteries are you using, do you get any beeps when you try to fire the gun
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

7.4v 1000mah 25c lips batteries, fully charged. I get the beeps during programming but once the motor dies after its short spin nothing, it doesn't even try to move.

Comment

Problem solved - red signal wire under the board has come lose. I was ever so gentle taking the box out of the body too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mafu10 I haven't released my book yet Find out more about mafu10
                Working...
                X