Anti-reversal latch placement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-reversal latch placement.

Hey, i am rewiring my gearbox, and i have discovered the worst thing in the world of airsoft. The anti-reversal latch. Does anyone have any tricks to stop the bloody thing from jumping out of the gearbox during reassembley.
    Cheers
    Gabe

Re: Anti-reversal latch placement.

Hunter Seeker Armouries make both anti-reversal and trigger catches which make reassembly a breeze - not sure if Zero One sell them. Or, you can use a fairly powerful magnet to hold the AR Latch in. Not having one or the other of these makes reassembling a gearbox a character building test of patience.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
    It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Cheers, i'll check out the replacement catches.

Comment

If latch springs past when refitting the gearbox cap/lid, if you get a small screwdriver in the motor hole and you can hook it back before tightening the lid back down.

Comment

best way are hard drive magnets
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
            best way are hard drive magnets
            Yup get a old hard drive, take it apart and get the NIB (Neodymium Iron Boron) Magnets used in the voice coil for the drive head, the are amongst the strongest magnets in the world.

Comment

Rightly or wrongly Ive always used a dab of gear grease to hold the latch in its hole, sticks it in there just enough to not ping out when the upper half of the box goes on. The only time it didn't work was with a box on an mp5k, that was a world of pain though. All my m4 boxes I've ever had it worked a treat on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Strewthirwin Find out more about Strewthirwin
              Working...
              X