Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA R85a1 (SA80) - locked up and died :-(

Hi guys,
    Firstly let me say I am a noob to all this... okay, got that out of the way :-)

I recently bought a used Army SA80 from these very forums and what seemed like quite a good buy was in fact a complete dog. Single shot was seriously temperamental at best so I sent it to the Zero One guys who "fixed" it. Used it in my first skirmish last weekend and all was well till lunch when single shot just wouldn't work at all and even full auto was locking up sometimes :-(

It somehow managed to see me through the day however (without Semi-Auto). Got home after the skirmish, cleaned the barrell etc, charged the battery and now nothing. No power, nothing. It's just dead.

I've emailed ZeroOne three times this week asking for information / assistance and had no reply - which worries me.

Any advice you guys can give me would be very gratefully received - is it worth trying to "fix" again, or should I bin it and buy a new one?

thanks, Gary

Re: AA R85a1 (SA80) - locked up and died :-(

Semi auto on all AA L85's is temperamental at best, design fault!

You need to send it back to Zero One then really. What fixed they do, piston mod?

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      Semi auto on all AA L85's is temperamental at best, design fault!

You need to send it back to Zero One then really. What fixed they do, piston mod?
      Hi, thanks for the reply.

Zero One as far as I know repaired the trigger mechanism as it wasn't firing at all on single shot, repaired the blowback, repaired the safety and replaced the hop-up. When it was returned it seemed fine, however after 2 hours skirmishing, just seemed to die on me, single shot first, and now everything else.

Not a happy bunny. Plus, they just seem to ignore my emails....

Gary

Comment

You'll have to ring them. I've never found their email support is slow at best..

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          You'll have to ring them. I've never found their email support is slow at best..
          Seconded, I have not had one single reply via email from Zero One ever! Give them a ring when you can, you'll be able to explain more easily what's wrong that way anyway.
          TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
          Tokyo Marui P90
          HFC M9 Special Forces
          KSC Glock 18c

Comment

cheers guys, will do that today

Comment

Originally posted by Will_0 View Post
              Seconded, I have not had one single reply via email from Zero One ever! Give them a ring when you can, you'll be able to explain more easily what's wrong that way anyway.
              Will 0,
              I notice that you've got an Army SA80 - you had any problems with it?

thanks, Gary

Comment

I once put a large 9.6v battery in it which, in minutes, stripped the piston. I sent it back to where I bought it, they cleaned it up and fixed it and it's been fine ever since. Apart from the single shot problem it has of course.

I have also replaced the hop up rubbers to make it more consistent, but that wasn't really needed. Are you sure the battery is charged enough to turn the gun? Sometimes people don't realise their battery has run out :P
                TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                Tokyo Marui P90
                HFC M9 Special Forces
                KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Originally posted by Will_0 View Post
                  I once put a large 9.6v battery in it which, in minutes, stripped the piston. I sent it back to where I bought it, they cleaned it up and fixed it and it's been fine ever since. Apart from the single shot problem it has of course.

I have also replaced the hop up rubbers to make it more consistent, but that wasn't really needed. Are you sure the battery is charged enough to turn the gun? Sometimes people don't realise their battery has run out :P
                  Yep, fully charged, in fact charged two of them and neither of them will make it work :-(

there was a 9.6v battery inside when I bought it, but have replaced it with the 8.4v battery. Zero One never mentioned any problems with the gearbox / pistons etc.

Comment

I had one, single shot only did about 3 in a row... Then the gears stripped after 5 months anyway

Comment

i had one it was fine the only floor with the single shot is that the trigger has to be in a sweet spot to fire every single trigger pull in semi . it a floor on every sa80 ive used in airsoft . and have you tried adjusting the tension screw under the shoulder pad for the motor you may find it is wound too tight so they gear box wont function . remove the shoulder pad and it the allen grub screw second from bottom that needs to be adjusted .

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                        i had one it was fine the only floor with the single shot is that the trigger has to be in a sweet spot to fire every single trigger pull in semi . it a floor on every sa80 ive used in airsoft . and have you tried adjusting the tension screw under the shoulder pad for the motor you may find it is wound too tight so they gear box wont function . remove the shoulder pad and it the allen grub screw second from bottom that needs to be adjusted .
                        cheers. I've not been brave enough to dismantle it as I've got no manual etc.
                        will probably give that a try as I've got nothing left to lose.

thanks for all the help guys
                        Gary

Comment

You should send it back to Z1 untouched. If you start giving it a go yourself, then they don't have to fix it.

Comment

just unscrew the big rubber grip at back there is two screws then it will come off . ther a srew with a red mark on it see if is too tight

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                              just unscrew the big rubber grip at back there is two screws then it will come off . ther a srew with a red mark on it see if is too tight
                              I've checked the rubber grip on the rear of the SA80 and I can't see any screws!! Where abouts are they?

thanks, Gary

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gazster Airsoft Noob Find out more about gazster
                              Working...
                              X