Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What's the best solution for jamming probs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best solution for jamming probs?

Haven't ever had a jam before when playing with my p90 but mid-way through my game at Epsom it jammed and blew the fuse!

The only internals different from the original gun I've changed are some metal bushings for the gearbox and a 6.03mm tightbore. Obviously the tightbore makes it more likely to jam but I've never had a jam prob before now - maybe it's the higher humidity of the underground bunker at Epsom or something!

The organiser of Epsom said that he just gets rid of the fuses of TM guns and wires it directly instead. He said that as long as you realise that there is a jam then you can just clear it and not have to worry about a fuse going or gear boxes getting mangled - is this good advice?!
    Wanted:
    A decent chronograph

Re: What's the best solution for jamming probs?

Yes its good advice, as long as youre sensible and dont keep the trigger down when its jammed there wont be a problem

Comment

I guess that means I'd wreck the internals if I did keep the trigger down!?
      Wanted:
      A decent chronograph

Comment

Yup. That why fuses are there. Some newbie will think that if he keeps the trigger pressed, his gun might start firing again. Thus the fuse blows, cutting off the current as oppose to mangling his motor/battery, or melting the wiring, which will in turn mangle the battery.

Provided you are sensible, you can take out the fuse.

Comment

Hmm that's the trouble. I find that with all the racket going on with people firing guns in close proximity to me (I mostly do CQB) I can't tell the difference in noises my own gun is doing!

Thin it'll be best to leave the fuse on. Maybe I should fit the old TM non-tightbore barrel on for CQB environments. But then again the barrel junction rather than the barrel itself is the most common site for jamming right?!

Blimey, I'm making a big deal of this seeing as it has only happened once!
          Wanted:
          A decent chronograph

Comment

Perhaps a thorough clean of the barrel is in order? I wouldn't imagine that the atmosphere would carry that kind of effect under any conditions. Some cheap (market stall type) bb's can cause the problem because of innaccuracies in the manufacturing process, so try a good clean through and some better quality bb's if using cheap ones before you take the TB out!

It could have been nothing more than a duff BB however!

Regards

Jay

Comment

Yeah sounds like it was a duff BB. I regularly clean out the barrel after games.

I tend to use the competition standard ICS BBs which seem to be pretty good or some other high quality ones depending on what I can get. Wouldn't trust lower priced ones!
              Wanted:
              A decent chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by Grantos View Post
                Yeah sounds like it was a duff BB. I regularly clean out the barrel after games.

I tend to use the competition standard ICS BBs which seem to be pretty good or some other high quality ones depending on what I can get. Wouldn't trust lower priced ones!

Very well analogy!
                lesson learned!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grantos Find out more about Grantos
                Working...
                X