Spring change for FPS affect ROF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring change for FPS affect ROF?

I've got a highly upgraded VFC 416 but it's shooting VERY close to 350fps. It doesn't need to be that high and I'd like to play some cqb with is so ideally it needs to be sub 328fps.

It's been short stroked and has 13:1 gears and although I don't know what spring is currently in it, it's been clipped by the previous owner.

My question is, if I drop a less powerful spring in the gun to bring the fps down, is it going to mess up the work done to get it running as quickly and smoothly as it currently is?

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but it's part of my decision making process as to whether I have it done.

Will

Re: Spring change for FPS affect ROF?

If I was to hazard a guess, it would probably still run just as well, if not better due to the strain pulling a stronger spring causes.

It's not uncommon to get a tiny ROF increase from dropping a 350 to 300 spring in. A large part of it will depend on the motor, whether it's high torque or high speed.
    The clown has no penis

Comment

Cheers for the reply, I know it's got an Ultimate motor in it, can't remember if it's the high speed or high torque one though.

I guess as long as it's installed correctly and the AOE is done, there wouldn't be an issue?

I'm not mad set on improving ROF and don't mind loosing a little bit, I just don't want to ruin how smooth and snappy it is!

Comment

So long as everything meshes together and AOE is good you should be fine.
        The clown has no penis

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wilkes 1875 Find out more about Wilkes 1875
        Working...
        X