Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Broken Piece on Gearbox and Loose hop problems (G&G GR16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Piece on Gearbox and Loose hop problems (G&G GR16)

Hi upon taking apart my gun noticed a few things ?

First up is the damage to the gearbox

IMG_0154.jpg

So was wondering if I need to replace this part ? whether it could be contributing to my horrible misfeed/fire rates (6/10 in full auto fire) ? also if it could be causing my low fps (290 which I put down to the spring) ?

Second, the 'loose hop'

IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    https://youtu.be/PjK0yen3orY

Was wondering if I need a completely new hop up ? a screw ? or if this is normal ?
    Originally posted by colinjallen
    Americans + guns; why is anyone surprised?

Re: Broken Piece on Gearbox and Loose hop problems (G&G GR16)

Nozzle boned try shs red m4 nozzle

Jeez on hop, probably could get parts
    But look at replacing hop
    No spring at front may not be helping seal
    But doubt if you got any real hop control now

Thing that worries me was damage done by rough reassembly or did it smash itself to bits from bad alignment ???

Comment

Is that the air seal nozzle that's broken ? (looking for the part on a certain Peak of Airsoft website)
      Originally posted by colinjallen
      Americans + guns; why is anyone surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by Aengus View Post
        Is that the air seal nozzle that's broken ? (looking for the part on a certain Peak of Airsoft website)
        The air nozzle is boned, get a SHS red M4 nozzle with o-ring for about £5. they do a double o-ring type but can be a bit tight on most cylinder heads. Single o-ring is the usual one stocked and works very well.

The hop unit looks borked too. Can probably get a metal one for not much more than a tenner. £20 for both Max all inc.

However if swapping over hop there is a risk of bucking tearing but suppose you could see if some parts can be replaced into existing G&G hop perhaps

Nozzle will require gearbox opening - so research this thoroughly if it is first time opening up a gearbox.
        Strongly advise taking to a shop or somebody with experience if you have any doubts or concerns though.

Airsoft peak are OK but often stuff will take 3 4 or 5 weeks to arrive sometimes I have found.
        There are some places in UK that can sell these parts at a reasonable price but might might not be correct in me pointing out competitors site/prices etc on here

A little digging will reveal numerous options but consider having the work done properly and they can look into anything that may have caused them bits to smash to bits

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aengus Find out more about Aengus
        Working...
        X