Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice for ak-74 problem

Hi there

i am a bit new in airsoft but not that much i fix my gun by my self but one problem i steal can not figure out what is wrong with it, i am sorry for my poor English cos it is not my tongue language ,i will try to explained as much clear as i can what is wrong with my gun

i bought Ak-74 from my friend 6 month ago i change a spring to downgrade it from 450 fps to 310 cos i made a mistake rather to put m85 spring i put m80, but this is not a problem, recreantly i my past games what i noticed, it is not happen straight away but after 1 hour or less in the game the bb start shooting, you could say 2 in a go , i mean if you in a full shot bb goes one after one, but it shoots one after one and then its start shoting 2 in one go , and one bb goes far, and a second one goes 3 max meters , to me it looks like a hop up, but i dissembled cleared, checked Hop Up Bucking Rubber, nothing broken everything is okey , i even took my goon first time to fix in a Pro Airsoft Supplies shop to have a look, they told me everything is okey only they clear Barrel but i dont think so it is the problem. so my qestion is what could be a problem, i know its hard to understand when you not seeing the gun how it works but i hope you get a point,

by the way i bought a new one Guarder Improved Hop Up Bucking Rubber Clear Aeg Airsoft, and Airsoft AK Hop Unit D-boys, but my friend who is longer in airsoft told me that d-boys hop up is not good i agree maybe it was a wrong decision but hey it just cost me 6 pounds, of course he was advising me to buy tokyo marui hop up but i could not find it in the ebay, what i have seen the best i believe so is SHS Metal Hop Up Unit ebay nr 281348402827, but this is my opinion.

so i hope so some one could give me some advice how to fix this problem.

Many thanks
    gugutm

by the way i hope i am in a right section toooooo :D

Re: Need some advice for ak-74 problem!!!!

Just to be clear: Your problem is that it is double feeding - shooting two BBs at once?

Could be your hop up, but if you have replaced the unit and the bucking, I'd be looking elsewhere. Before you buy another, I'd first be checking the magazine. Does it double-feed with more than one magazine?

If the hop up doesn't fix it, I'd be looking at the return spring on your tappet plate, and perhaps re-greasing the tappet plate to ensure that it is returning the nozzle smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
      Just to be clear: Your problem is that it is double feeding - shooting two BBs at once?
      Thanks Figjam you completely right my ak shooting two BBs at once.

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
      Could be your hop up, but if you have replaced the unit and the bucking,
      no i havent changed yet, i am steal waiting for hop up, by the way sorry but i didnt get you , what do you mean bucking, rubbers????
      Magazine have the same problem at the game we tried to swap and my magazine have no problems on a different gun , and when i tried with my friend i have the same problem , so i believe it is not a magazine problem.

can you explained more about return spring tapped plate, cos that sounds logicically, this could be one off the problems perhaps.

another thing write now you answer first so i want to ask you , your advice about hop up what is the best or good quality hop up i could buy for AK accept d-boys?

many thanks
      gugutm

Comment

what battery are you using? and what motor are you using,does it have a lot of torque?
        Last edited by sparrowhawk; 28 May, 2015, 22:44.
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
          what battery are you using? and what motor are you using,does it have a lot of torque?
          Actually yeah, this is worth looking at too.

The tappet plate spring is what pushes the nozzle back into the hop unit and feeds the BB. If that is weakening, or if the plate has become stiff, you may have feeding issues. Worth checking if you are confident opening your gearbox.

Yes, bucking is the rubber.

As for good quality hop units: none are actually that bad, the more important thing for your shooting is the bucking/rubber. Most of the time, people look for a new unit because the old one has broken, rather than expecting it to do much for their accuracy. That said, people like metal ones, and some are made with more adjustment for fine tuning, and some hold their position better, while poor ones can slip with use and you have to keep setting it back while you play.
          I've never actually had to change a hop unit on an AK, so couldn't say what is the best one. There aren't as many options as there are for M4s. That said, SHS as a brand are reliably good with everything I've ever had of theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
            Battery and motor is original Ak-74 never change them, but today i received a hop-up and hop bucking so i will try to change on monday and see how it goes

and i will you update is my problem get solved or not.

thanks
            gugutm

Comment

Re: Need some advice for ak-74 problem

Sounds like a hop issue. I had a similar issue with my old L85, turns out i simply didn't have enough hop on lol. Or it could just be the bucking is not seated correctly. Hop you sort it, i know how frustrating these little issues are.

Comment

True double feeding - every shot fires but on occasions 2 bb's fire - eg:

1 - 1 - 1 - 2 etc.......

or 1st bb not loading into hop correctly dry fires coz it's only partly loaded into hop
                2nd bb loads ok into hop but when fires both 1st & 2nd bb emit out of barrel -eg:

1 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 1 - 1 etc.....

could be a number of things, try different mag is easiest
                could be tappet plate in box snagging or req a new spring
                I doubt but as it might be stock it might have a delay clip on there keeping tappet back too long & not needed for low rof guns

As it has been to shop I presume they have checked for damaged hop/nozzle/deformed bucking

So I am gonna stab at possible tappet snagging due to bur/dirt/lack of grease perhaps tappet spring is a bit weak
                but if no joy in that hop/mag area then tappet area might worth looking at

you can have the swetest gearbox build in the world and still have feed issues or lose fps around hop area
                new hop/bucking may fix some issues but sometimes it "might" be worn or no so compatible parts inside the box

explore all other angles first before ripping her open - but moody/worn tappet could be next thing to look at
                Also firing off a few bursts is one thing but often the proper test is a full day to really put a gun through its paces
                and it seems that your gun is just a smidge worn/out of whack if she is fine for a while but later on the problems start

try another mag - some mags are better/worse than others and keep us informed

Comment

Mine was tappet plate. Was worn so wasn't allowing the air nozzle to come back enough to allow bbs to feed.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gugutm Find out more about gugutm
                  Working...
                  X