AEG 'spring noise'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG 'spring noise'

So guys, after going from a full cylinder to a ported type 2 the spring noise is very noticeable and some what annoying, is there anyway to reduce the 'spring' noise? The gun is a am-013 with m80 spring.

Cheers

Re: AEG 'spring noise'

Describe the noise. Is it a short 'twang' after each shot?

Comment

In some words Richie yes, with added vibration.

Comment

Take a look at my thread about the same issue. I found that changing the spring helped. The spring tends to vibrate on the side of the cylinder after full decompression.

Comment

Have you got a link mate, I can't seem to find it on your profile.

Comment

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=251026

Comment

When I had this issue it was partly down to my cocking handle spring vibrating after each shot; not the actual main gun spring so this might be worth checking even if it wasn't a problem before.

If it is the main spring then you could look at adding a Ball Bearing spring guide (should be done anyway) and/or a ball bearing piston head (will weighten your piston though) because the issue could be down to the spring loading up through a twist motion each time it fires and then releasing the twist tension after the shot, therefore making a sound.

As said in the thread, check to see if its a non-linear spring and if so that its the right way round (thickest coils at the back).
              For sale:

-Splitting M4
              -MP5 Parts
              -MP7a1
              -M9 Magazine

Comment

I checked with the gearbox put of the gun, eliminating any other parts. Worst thing is the receiver on the P90 acts like an amplifier ha!

Bearing spring guide is a must, as wilko said. Also a nice even coating of grease on the coils helps deaden the sound, but this is a quick fix really.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aero Find out more about Aero
                Working...
                X