Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

need some help to choose a right cyma mp5 spur gear???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help to choose a right cyma mp5 spur gear???

Hi to everyone

i need some help, my friend brought to me cm.049sd6 in another hand cyma mp5 or cm049j with a gear box problem, at the beginning i though it might be a problem with a motor , i will need just to adjust a motor and it will fix the problem, but this was not the issue so i disassembled a a gear box and look what i found

couple pictures

11297745_10207325745048927_1037963693_n.jpg11329641_10207325744048902_817565002_n.jpg11349104_10207325745568940_243019871_n.jpg

The first 2 pictures show how the company which i wont tell you right now , but if some one required i will , so how they downgrading the guns , and the company is base in UK, and the third picture how the spur gear was badly damage cos i believe the gear shimming wasn't done correctly , but is my point of view ,

so my question is what is the right spur gear i have to buy to this gun , and the spring , , or even not just a spur gear , but all set??? and where shall i look for it ???

by the way i am a 50% noob you could say but once a week or once a month i am getting a gun to have a look , and every time i am trying to learn something new so less i will need to ask a help, but sometimes it is not impossible

many thanks for understanding and all you advice and help.
    gugutm

Re: need some help to choose a right cyma mp5 spur gear???

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2766
    This one by the looks of it.

If you are still unsure check with zeroone before you order it
    "Cake or death?"
    "Eh, cake please."
    "Very well! Give him cake!"
    "Oh, thanks very much. It's very nice."

Comment

Whatever you end up getting, replace all the gears (unless you get an exact matching coma set)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2766
        This one by the looks of it.

If you are still unsure check with zeroone before you order it
        thanks for advice

- - - Updated - - -

so you trying to say better is to change all gears than a single???

plus i was looking in a ebay , i found couple of them , for mp5 but they like 13:1 and different ratio how to understand them, how i suppose to be know which is the best???

- - - Updated - - -

so you trying to say better is to change all gears than a single???

plus i was looking in a ebay , i found couple of them , for mp5 but they like 13:1 and different ratio how to understand them, how i suppose to be know which is the best???

Comment

CYMA gears are notoriously crude, and probably about as bad as they get in the ACM market. If you want fairly good super cheap gears then opt some JG gears. In this case I'd recommend changing out the Spur and sector as a bare minimum.

The stock gear ratio is 18.7:1, aftermarket brands such as SHS will label them simply as "18:1".

The 13:1 spur gear is not compatible with the existing sector gear.

I have many spares here if you are looking for individual gears.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
            CYMA gears are notoriously crude, and probably about as bad as they get in the ACM market. If you want fairly good super cheap gears then opt some JG gears. In this case I'd recommend changing out the Spur and sector as a bare minimum.

The stock gear ratio is 18.7:1, aftermarket brands such as SHS will label them simply as "18:1".

The 13:1 spur gear is not compatible with the existing sector gear.

I have many spares here if you are looking for individual gears.
            is it so strong 18.7:1 , how do you know? in the future how can i check the ratio if it is not secret ???

plus its the price of all set 13 pounds whereas Ben33 advice me to buy spur gear from zero in for almost the same price,

Another thing so as i understand and more looking for the parts not for just this gun, but and for couple more different SHS company is quit good for replacement part am i right????

many thanks
            gugutm
            Last edited by sj_asc; 3 June, 2015, 14:09. Reason: Retailer Rule

Comment

The link I gave you was for a stock ratio gear I believe (although it dosnt say which s why t would be best to check), but the others are correct it you want to do it properly it would be better to change all the gears.

Forum rules suggest only linking to zerone site though... which is fair enough
              "Cake or death?"
              "Eh, cake please."
              "Very well! Give him cake!"
              "Oh, thanks very much. It's very nice."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
                The link I gave you was for a stock ratio gear I believe (although it dosnt say which s why t would be best to check), but the others are correct it you want to do it properly it would be better to change all the gears.

Forum rules suggest only linking to zerone site though... which is fair enough

sorry for my mistake linking different website links, and thanks for advice. yes for the gears i rather change all set , but like ((((sniperjesus))) says ratio 18:1 seem to be a bit to high , i call to one place and they told me the standart ratio should be 16:1 not for this particular gun but for the most of them. so now i am a bit confused.

By the way Ben33 i was reading your post and i so you wont to change in your mp5 gear set to SHS so what have you done ????

many thanks
                gugutm

Comment

Links are not permitted.

The stock ratio of 18.7:1 is not that high, its only because the market now has many other options that it looks excessive.

The CYMA MP5 uses the version 2 gearbox as designed by marui. Most of the dimensions are close to the true spec, the gear ratio is a direct copy.

The stock CYMA set is most definitely not 16:1 as CYMA do not make 36/20 tooth spur gears.
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gugutm Find out more about gugutm
                  Working...
                  X