G&G F2000 and P90 semi problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G F2000 and P90 semi problem.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I asked *other retailer* to have a look at it and they refused saying that it's a common recurring problem and they can't do anything about it. Zero One never got back on touch with me. So I'm wondering what you people have to say. I really want my baby working again.
    Last edited by sj_asc; 5 June, 2015, 12:00. Reason: Retailer Rule

Re: G&G F2000 and P90 semi problem.

The F2000 has a flawed cut off assembly. It wears out quite quickly.
    What are the symptoms of your problems for both guns?
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

I just listed the P90 because it has the same design and is victim to the same problem. My semi auto doesn't always work and when it does it sounds like it cycles but it clicks at the end and doesn't fire, when it does fire it fires one two or three shots at a time.

Comment

Any chance you could post a video?

Comment

https://youtu.be/ydMAo42Xgsk

Comment

As you can hear in the video, the semi auto works about 30% of the time... full auto seems to work fine.

Comment

Open the p90 up and check the teeth on the piston. If your fps is very low and its a crack noise it could be because the piston worn over time and and will not pull all the way back. If this is what as happened (check first) i recommend getting a full metal piston, or at least a piston with full metal teeth

Comment

Huh, it actually sounds like a low battery on semi! Obviously it's not. Without physically taking a look, it sounds as though it's not completing the cycle as you said. Odd this is, the second pull SHOULD complete it.

Odds are semi problems are down to the cut off lever as SniperJesus said. If youre happy dropping the gearbox out, watch it dry fire a few times on semi.

You should be able to see the cut off lever moving even from the outside of the gearbox. Better yet, if you're happy opening it, check the piston teeth and cut off lever.

Most common problem on the P90 is the cut off lever breaking/wearing out. It's far longer compared to normal gearboxes, and suffers more stress because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Hunter1 View Post
                  Open the p90 up and check the teeth on the piston. If your fps is very low and its a crack noise it could be because the piston worn over time and and will not pull all the way back. If this is what as happened (check first) i recommend getting a full metal piston, or at least a piston with full metal teeth
                  I personally can't recommend a full metal toothed piston, if anything goes awry, it'll potentially trash the gearbox.

Comment

I thought my piston was metal anyway, maybe I'll have a look at the gearbox outside the gun firing.

Comment

And yeah that's the same sound it makes when the battery is dying.

Comment

I did say, "If this is what as happened". If not then don't, but don't that go with out saying. If that is what as happened it will stop the teeth from getting worn. If this is *NOT* what as happened then keep trying to find out what it is.

Comment

It COULD be a weak motor, I've seen similar symptoms from an M4. On full auto it can achieve the momentum needed, but semi it just doesn't have the oomph.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                            It COULD be a weak motor, I've seen similar symptoms from an M4. On full auto it can achieve the momentum needed, but semi it just doesn't have the oomph.
                            Should I test it with a softer spring to see if the motor has an easier time? Can't believe I never tried that... if that's the case, a higher torque motor will be needed right?

Comment

A softer spring will definitely give you a better idea. Best part is, the G&G has a quick change spring IIRC.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amy.payne.188 Find out more about amy.payne.188
                              Working...
                              X